- Surveys modern reformulations of the infinitesimal concept with a comprehensive exposition of important and influential hyperreal numbers
- Includes material on the development of hyperfinite theory of Schwartz distributions and its application to generalised Fourier transforms and harmonic analysis
Table of Contents
- Calculus and infinitesimals; Standard infinitesimal methods; Introduction to non-standard analysis; Applications to elementary real analysis; Further developments; Foundations of nonstandard analysis; Hyperfinite analysis; Hyperfinite representation of distributions; Hyperfinite fourier analysis; Appendix A Evolution of the concept of function; Appendix B The theorem of L?s; References.
- No. of pages: 270
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2004
- Published: May 1, 2004
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9781898563990
- eBook ISBN: 9780857099501
About the Author
J S Pinto
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Infinitesimal Methods of Mathematical Analysis"