Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Infective Endocarditis: A Multidisciplinary Approach provides a comprehensive review of infective endocarditis and covers the entire spectrum of medical care for these challenging patients. It covers the ever-increasing scope of the problem, including epidemiology, as well as diagnostic work-up, microbiology, medical therapy, and surgical therapy for this disease. The book also addresses the opioid epidemic and rising infective endocarditis incidence in this population. Each type of practitioner can use this book as a definitive resource in reviewing aspects of care related to the endocarditis patient.
This book will also serve as an updated resource to provide recent evidence regarding the management of these patients, as well as author perspectives and approaches to tackling the often complex and challenging issues revolving around care of the endocarditis patient. This is an essential reference and an authoritative source for infective endocarditis and provide physicians, nurses, social workers, and everyone who is routinely involved in the care of these patients.
- Provides a thorough, yet concise review from a multidisciplinary perspective on the work-up and management of infective endocarditis
- Presents updated reviews on evidence and current guidelines for treating patients with infective endocarditis
- Provides discussion on controversial aspects of management, both medical and ethical
Clinicians that routinely take care of patients with endocarditis, cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, primary care physicians, intensive care unit physicians, and psychiatrists. Ancillary staff including nurses as well as hospital administrators may have an interest in this authoritative textbook as well
1. Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Infective Endocarditis
2. General Approach to the Clinical Diagnosis of Infective Endocarditis
3. Microbiology of Infective Endocarditis
4. Echocardiography in Infective Endocarditis
5. Other imaging in the assessment of infective endocarditis
6. Prophylaxis and Prevention of Infective Endocarditis
7. Antimicrobial Therapy in Infective Endocarditis
8. Preoperative Care of the Critically Ill Endocarditis Patient
9. Neuro Complications of Infective Endocarditis
10. Psychiatric Considerations in Patients with Intravenous Drug Use and Endocarditis
11. Endocarditis Related to Cardiovascular Implantable Devices
12. Outpatient Follow-Up and Management
13. Timing and Indications for Surgery
14. Surgery for Right-Sided Infective Endocarditis
15. Surgery for Native Mitral Valve Endocarditis
16. Surgery for Native Aortic Valve Endocarditis
17. Surgery for Aortic Root Abscesses
18. Complex Multivalve Operations for Infective Endocarditis
19. Re-operative Surgery for Prosthetic Endocarditis
20. Timing of Surgical Intervention Following Acute Stroke from Infective Endocarditis
21. Ethical Controversies Related to the Care of an Intravenous Drug Abuser with Endocarditis
22. Multidisciplinary Service Delivery for the Endocarditis Patient
23. Future Directions in Infective Endocarditis
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Arman Kilic, MD, is the Surgical Director for the Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Program at Medical University of South Carolina Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Kilic works on a national task force for artificial intelligence and machine learning in cardiac surgery and has extensive collaboration with internationally renowned machine learning experts at Carnegie Mellon University, the #1 ranked machine learning program according to U.S. News & World Report. He has a vast network of national and international colleagues who can collaborate on this project and contribute as authors of chapters. Dr. Kilic has 158 peer-reviewed publications, 14 book chapters, and 111 meeting presentations.
Associate Professor of Surgery and Surgical Director, Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Program, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.