Section I: Viral, Rickettsial, Chlamydial, and Mycoplasmal Diseases
1. Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral and Rickettsial Infections and Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
2. Antiviral and Immunomodulatory Chemotherapy
3. Canine Distemper
4. Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Canine Acidophil Cell Hepatitis
5. Canine Herpesviral Infection
6. Canine Infectious Respiratory Disease
7. Nonrespiratory Parainfluenza Viral Infections of Dogs
8. Canine Enteric Viral Infections
9. Feline Enteric Viral Infections
10. Feline Coronaviral Infections
11. Feline Leukemia Viral Infections
12. Feline Immunodeficiency Viral Infections
13. Feline Adenoviral Infection
14. Feline Respiratory Infections
15. Feline Foamy (Synctium-Forming) Viral Infection
16. Feline Paramyxoviral Infections
17. Poxviral Infection
18. Papillomaviral Infections
19. Miscellaneous Viral Infections
20. Rabies and Other Lyssaviral Infections
22. Enteroviral Infections
23. Influenza Viral Infections
24. Arthropod-Borne Viral Infections
25. Neorickettsia and Wolbachia Infections
26. Ehrlichia and Anaplasma Infections
27. Rocky Mountain and Mediterranean Spotted Fevers, Cat-Flea Typhuslike Illness,
Rickettsialpox, Typhus, and Q Fever
28. Chlamydial Infections
Section II: Bacterial Diseases
29. Hemotrophic Mycoplasmosis (Haemobartonellosis)
30.Mycoplasmal, Ureaplasmal, and L-Form Infections
31. Laboratory Diagnosis of Bacterial Infections
32. Antibacterial Chemotherapy
33. Stroptococcal and Other Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
34. Staphylococcal Infections
35. Gram-Negative Infections
37. Enteric Bacterial Infections
The definitive reference for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of small animal infections, Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, 4th Edition delivers current, comprehensive information essential to the management of infectious diseases caused by viruses, rickettsiae, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa, and unknown agents. Each section guides you through diagnostic testing for specific microorganisms, from sample collection to laboratory submission to interpretation of results, then details appropriate treatment measures and pharmacologic considerations for the various related infections. Full-color illustrations and hundreds of tables provide quick, convenient access to diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, and thoroughly updated drug information helps you confidently administer appropriate dosages for the most effective treatment and prevention.
- The most comprehensive infectious disease coverage available helps you confidently address clinical problems related to infectious diseases in dogs and cats, and includes:
- Immunization strategies and environmental control of infections
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Prevention of infection in multi-pet and shelter settings
- Immunocompromised people and their pets
- Vibrant full-color illustrations clarify disease features and modes of disease transmission for enhanced diagnostic accuracy and disease prevention.
- Convenient tables deliver therapeutic recommendations and drug dosages at a glance.
- Complete antimicrobial drug formulary provides fast, easy access to indications, recommended dosages, and pharmacologic considerations essential for all relevant pharmaceuticals.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic testing procedures help you ensure accurate diagnoses for all clinically relevant pathogens.
- Content reflects the expert insight and vast clinical experience of a panel of trusted authorities on small animal infectious diseases.
- Easy-to-use companion website provides convenient online access to additional images, tables, boxes, appendices, and references linked directly to original PubMed abstracts.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 5th December 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The definitive reference for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of small animal infections, Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat 4th Edition delivers current comprehgensive information essential to the management of infectious diseases...Full colour illustrations, hundreds of tables provide quick, access to diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, thoroughly updated drug information helps you confidently adminster appropriate dosages."
Dier-en-Arts, April 2014
"All chapters have been extensively updated since the last edition due to the massive amount of new information available...The text is informative and well written, the images lift the text and are of good quality...The reader obtains an excellent understanding of infectious diseases when reading this book. The chapters are rigorously structured covering aetiology, epidemoiology, pathogenesis, clinical signs, diagnosis, pathological findings, therapy, preventative measures and when appropriate, public health considerations. The book is useful for all those interested in dog and cat medicine, and especially for anyone who is studying for further qualifications in internal medicine...The practical usefulness of this book cannot be overstated, and it deserves a position in every veterinary school and on the bookshelves of all veterinary clinics."
EJCAP, January 2013
"This comprehensive textbook of over 1300 pages tells you everything you need to know about infectious disease in dogs and cats...Some textbooks on infectious diseases are laid out by mircobiological categories while others are ordered by clinical problem- this book does both in separate sections so offers the best of both worlds...In conclusion, this would be an excellent book for a library collection as a textbook for veterinary collection as a textbook for veterinary students as well as for those with an interest in infectious disease. As a large hardba
Professor, Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA