2. Host Resistance and Immune Aging
3. Clinical Features of Infection in Older Adults
4. Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy in Older Adults
5. Bacterial Pneumonia in Older Adults
6. Tuberculosis in Older Adults
7. Intraabdominal Infections in Older Adults
8. Infectious Diarrhea: Norovirus and Clostridium difficile in Older Adults
9. Urinary Tract Infections in the Older Adult
10. Herpes Zoster
11. Bone and Joint Infections in Older Adults
12. Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome in Older Adults
13. Infections in Nursing Homes: Epidemiology and Prevention Programs
14. Vaccinations for the Older Adult
This issue of Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, guest edited by Drs. Thomas T. Yoshikawa and Dean C. Norman, is devoted to Infectious Diseases in Geriatric Medicine. Articles in this issue include: Host Resistance and Immunology of Aging; Clinical Features of Infection; Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy; Bacterial Pneumonia; Tuberculosis; Intraabdominal Infections; Infectious Diarrhea: Clostridium Difficile and Norovirus; Urinary Tract Infection; Herpes Zoster; Bone and Joint Infections; Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome; Infections in the Long-Term Care Setting; and Vaccinations.
- © Elsevier 2016
- 15th July 2016
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles; Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California
Professor of Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.