Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The rise of new digital Industrial technology popularly known as Industry 4.0 is evolving at an exponential pace and disrupting almost every industry in every country. This is a new Industrial Revolution that enables smart, connected and disruptive technologies to transform and digitize organizations, operations, and the workforce by increasing information flow, creating new insights and entirely different business models. These changes are signaling the trend and transformation towards fully connected and automated entire systems of production, management, and governance. Organizations have started realizing this change and focusing upon how Industry 4.0 could impact their business. Many are implementing changes and preparing for the future where smart machines are empowering their business. Industry 4.0 represents the so-called Fourth Industrial Revolution in discrete and process manufacturing, logistics and supply chain (Logistics 4.0), the chemical industry, energy (Energy 4.0), transportation, utilities, oil and gas, mining and metals and other segments, including resources industries, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and Smart Cities. Industry 4.0: Managing Digital Transformation Using Disruptive Technologies is the first book to discuss the trends of Industry 4.0 along with a deep technological look at the methods that are effectuating the change, including robotics, augmented reality, IoT, and Artificial Intelligence on value chain support and optimization. This book provides a comprehensive overview of Industry 4.0 starting from the basic definition and current technologies, and encompassing business models that can and will come in play with Industry 4.0 adoption.
- Provides readers with understanding of the key concepts and technologies involved in bringing the new industrial revolution called Industry 4.0 to bear across a wide variety of fields
- Integrates deep technical coverage of key methods and technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Mechatronics, Big Data, Cloud computing, Fog computing, Cyberphysical systems, Deep Learning, Internet of Things, Simulation, 3-D Printing, and Blockchain
- Provides readers with four key parts of the book, covering Introductory Concepts of Industry 4.0, Applications/Frameworks of Industry 4.0 on Different Business Domains, Issues/Challenges Faced by Organizations in Implementation, and Case Studies
Academics (scientists, researchers, MSc. PhD. students) from the fields of Computer Science, Engineering, and Information Technology. Researchers and practitioners in any field that deals with systems sciences, smart technology, and smart industry practices
1. Blockchain-based behavioural analytics at the Edge - An application for Industry 4.0
Abhik Banerjee, Rajdeep Chakraborty, Bhaskar Dutta and Aishwarya Barik
2. Authenticated and Transparent Automobile Enrollment using Block Chain: An IoT Enabled Application for Future Smart Cities with Sustainable Approach
3. Autonomous Robot
Kuldeep Singh Kaswan
4. Towards the Blockchain-Enabled Interleaving for Next-Generation Communications
Manish Yadav, Prateek Raj Gautam and Pramod Kumar Singhal
5. The Journey from Data warehouse to Data Lake
Geeta Arora and Jyoti Bansal
6. IOT based smart devices and its implication on the future direction of data
Shivania A. Trivedi and Anthony Atufe Okuogume
7. Additive Manufacturing (3D printing): Advancement and Challenges in Civil Infrastructures
8. Innovation Trends in 5G: it’s Energy Efficiency Aspects
Preetjot Kaura and Roopali Garg
9. Conceptual Design, Theoretical Calculations, Computational Analyses of an advanced Tricopter for Agriculture applications
10. Racing Towards Industry 4.0: Emerging Issues and Challenges
Mansoor Ahmed Soomro and Mohd Hizam-Hanafiah
11. Digitalized Motor Insurance Claims Processing and Settlement
12. Design and Implementation of Secure Location Service using Software Engineering Approach in the Age of Industry 4.0
Sumaiah Tabassum, Adarsh Kumar, Kamalpreet Kaur, Priyansh Arora and Sukhpal Singh Gill
13. Classification of Epileptic seizure using Machine learning and Deep Learning based on EEG Signal
Mohammed Tawfik, Sunil Nimbhore, Ezzaldeen Mahyoub and Zeyad A. T. Ahmed
14. Agriculture 4.0: Empowering the Indian Farming community for Food Sustainability
Rashmi Rai, Lakshmypriya K and Pallavi Kudal
15. Industry 4.0 in Manufacturing …. a renaissance
Rashmy Moray and Amar Patnaik
16. Industry 4.0 Challenges and Applications in Healthcare Industry with Emerging Technologies
Dr. Meenu Gupta and Madhu Bala
17. A supplier selection model in a humanitarian relief supply chain management using BWM-CoCoSo methods
Prasenjit Chatterjee and Loveleen Gaur
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st August 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Loveleen Gaur, Research Head and Faculty, Amity International Business School, Amity University, Noida, India. Dr. Gaur is an established author, researcher, teacher, educator, consultant, administrator and program leader. She has filed two patents in the area of Internet of Things. Before Amity University, Dr. Gaur has worked as faculty and has done research work at the University of Maryland, USA. She is actively involved in teaching Information Systems, Research Methodology, Data Analytics and software tools such as SPSS, R, and Excel to Post Graduate Students. She has specialized in the fields of Information Sciences, IoT, Data Analytics, E-commerce, Data Mining, and Business Intelligence. Dr. Gaur is the editor of Internet of Things: Approach and Applicability in Manufacturing from CRC Press, and Handbook of Research on Engineering Innovations and Technology Management in Organizations from IGI Global.
Research Head and Faculty, Amity University, Noida, India
Dr. Arun Solanki is Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, India. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Gautam Buddha University. He has supervised more than 60 M.Tech. Dissertations under his guidance. His research interests span Expert System, Machine Learning, and Search Engines. Dr. Solanki is an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Web-Based Learning and Teaching Technologies from IGI Global. He has been a Guest Editor for special issues of Recent Patents on Computer Science, from Bentham Science Publishers. Dr. Solanki is the editor of the books Green Building Management and Smart Automation and Handbook of Emerging Trends and Applications of Machine Learning, both from IGI Global.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, India
Dr Mike Hinchey is the President of IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing) (2016-2022). IFIP was established by UNESCO in 1960 to advance “information processing” (now termed IT or ICT) technically, in research and in education, and in support of the UN’s SDGs. As President of an NGO accredited by the United Nations, he is invited to attend the UN General Assembly in New York during his presidency as well as to several UNESCO events in Paris and Geneva. The role involves regular engagement with international technical societies, engagement with policy-setters including Ministers and Heads of Government. He was also the Director of Lero–the Irish Software Research Centre (June 2010 – December 2016). Providing scientific and general leadership to ~225 researchers spread across 8 institutions, including all 7 of Ireland’s universities. Responsibility for strategic planning, engaging with funding agencies (in Ireland and EU), public relations and public engagement, general management of approximately €8M budget (aided by a General Manager and Operations Manager). He is currently a Professor of Software Engineering at the University of Limerick, Ireland (June 2008 - ). Usual academic duties: teaching, research supervision, project supervision, conducting research both personal and at group level, engagement with Computer Science & Information Systems department, involvement in departmental, faculty, and University committees.
Professor, Software Engineering, University of Limerick, Ireland; President, IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing)
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.