Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1 Tomographic modalities
1. Electrical capacitance tomography
2. Electrical impedance tomography
3. Electromagnetic induction tomography
4. Magnetic resonance imaging
5. Chemical species tomography
6. X-ray computed tomography
7. Gamma-ray tomography
8. Radioisotope tracer techniques
9. Ultrasound tomography
11. Tomographic imaging in sensor networks
12. Diverse tomography
13. Multimodality tomography and data fusion for industrial challenges
Part 2 Tomographic image reconstruction
14. Mathematical concepts for image reconstruction in tomography
15. Image reconstruction for hard field tomography
16. Direct methods for image reconstruction in electrical capacitance tomography
17. Advanced electrical tomography visualization
18. Statistical image reconstruction
Part 3 Tomography applications
19. Applications of tomography in mineral transportation
20. X-ray tomography of fluidized beds
21. Applications of tomography in bubble column and trickle bed reactors
22. Electrical Resistance Tomography applications to Chemical Engineering
23. Applications of capacitance tomography in gas–solid fluidized bed systems
24. Process tomography and estimation of velocity fields
25. Applications of tomography in oil-gas industry – Part 1
26. Applications of tomography in the oil-gas industry – Part 2
27. Application of tomography in microreactors
28. Applications of tomography in food inspection
29. Application of process tomography in nuclear waste processing
Industrial Tomography: Systems and Applications, Second Edition thoroughly explores the important techniques of industrial tomography and discusses image reconstruction, systems and applications. The goal of process tomography is to make sense and interpret complex data in order to extract qualitative and quantitative information of the behavior of fluids moving within processes. These processes may be reactors, pipelines or measurements focused on the properties of materials being manufactured. The text presents complex processes, including the way three-dimensional imaging is used to create multiple cross-sections, and how computer software helps monitor flows, filtering, mixing, drying processes, and chemical reactions inside vessels and pipelines.
In addition, this updated edition includes new techniques that enhance the reality and quality of electrical tomograms, unconventional diverse, derived and indirect tomography techniques, and data fusion methods. Readers will find a comprehensive discussion on the ways tomography systems can be used to optimize the performance of a wide variety of industrial processes.
- Provides a comprehensive discussion on the different formats of tomography, including advances in visualization and data fusion
- Includes an excellent overview of image reconstruction using a wide range of applications
- Presents a comprehensive discussion of tomography systems and their applications in a wide variety of industrial processes
Materials Scientists and Engineers. Physicists
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2022
- 1st February 2022
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Mi graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from the Department of Physics at Xinjiang University, China in 1982 and received a PhD from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Manchester (formerly UMIST) in 1994. He was appointed Research Fellow at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, and the Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Manchester during the period 1994-1998. In January 1999, he took up a lectureship in Process Sensing at the University of Leeds, was promoted to Reader in Process Tomography in 2005 and appointed as the Professor of Process Tomography and Sensing in 2007. He held positions as visiting professor of Nihon University, Japan and Guest professor of the Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He is the guest editor of Measurement Science and Technology and Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, the editor of Petroleum journal and Hydrodynamics journal. He awarded the Outstanding Contribution Medal from Nihon University in 2007.
Department of Physics at Xinjiang University, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.