Industrial Piping and Equipment Estimating Manual
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Industrial Piping and Equipment Estimation Manual delivers an invaluable resource for day-to-day operations. Packed full of worksheets covering combined and simple cycle power plants, refineries, compressor stations, ethanol, hydrogen and biomass plants, this reference helps the construction engineer and estimator learn how to create bids where scope and quantity differences can be identified and project impacts estimated. Beginning with an introduction devoted to labor, productivity measurement, estimating methods, and factors affecting construction labor productivity and impacts of overtime, the author then explores equipment through hands-on estimation tables, including sample estimates and statistical applications. The book rounds out with a glossary, abbreviations list, formulas, and metric/standard conversions, and is an ideal reference for estimators, engineers and managers with the level of detail and equipment breakdown necessary for today’s industrial operations.
- Includes day-to-day worksheets to help users estimate equipment and piping for any plant or refinery project
- Presents the comparison method to estimate similarities and differences between proposed and previously installed equipment
- Helps users understand and produce more accurate direct costs with sample estimates
Industrial Project Managers, Estimators, Engineers, Construction Estimators
Table of Contents
- 1. Process Piping
2. Combined Cycle Power Plant Equipment
3. Simple Cycle Power Plant Equipment
4. Refinery and Hydrogen Plant Equipment
5. Compressor Station Equipment
6. Biomass Plant Equipment
7. Ethanol Plant Equipment
8. Estimates for Piping and Equipment
- No. of pages: 332
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Gulf Professional Publishing 2017
- Published: June 23, 2017
- Imprint: Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128139462
- eBook ISBN: 9780128139479
About the Author
Kenneth Storm is currently an independent consultant for a US-based construction company, preparing construction estimates on a variety of projects such as power plants, oil refineries, petroleum industry tank farms, and compressors stations ranging in price from $500,000 to over $250 million in scope. Accumulating over 35 years of experience, he worked as a major project engineer and piping engineer for a variety of major companies. He graduated with a BS in mathematics and statistics from California State University, Chico. He is licensed and certified as a California General Engineering Contractor and a member of the American Mathematical Association.
Affiliations and Expertise
Independent consultant, licensed and certified as a California General Engineering Contractor and a member of the American Mathematical Association.
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Industrial Piping and Equipment Estimating Manual"