- Discusses the key factors in determining the perfomance of compressors, turbines, combustion and engine controls
- Explains important aspects of gas and turbine perfomance such as service life and engine emissions
- Accompanied by CD illustrating gas turbine performance, building on the concepts discussed in the text
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Principles of gas turbine performance: Introduction; The gas turbine; Thermodynamics of gas turbine cycles; Complex gas turbine cycle; Compressors; Axial turbines; Gas turbine combustion; Off-design performance prediction; Behaviour of gas turbines during off-design operation; Gas turbine performance deterioration; Principles of engine control systems and transient performance. Part 2 Simulating the performance of a two-shaft gas turbine: Simulating the effects of ambient temperature on engine performance, emissions and turbine life usage - Two-shaft gas turbine operating with a free power turbine; Simulating the effect of change in ambient pressure on engine performance; Simulating the effects of engine deterioration on engine performance; Power augmentation; Simulation of engine control system performance. Part 3 Simulating the performance of a single-shaft gas turbine: Simulating the effects of ambient temperature on engine performance, emissions and turbine life usage - Single shaft gas turbine; Simulating the effect of change in ambient pressure on engine performance; Simulating the effect of performance deterioration on engine performance (single shaft gas turbine); Power augmentation; Simulation of system control system performance; Simulation exercises using the single shaft gas turbine simulator.
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: October 31, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693404
About the Author
A M Y Razak
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Industrial Gas Turbines"