1. Introduction to Cutting Room Operations in Garment Manufacture
2. Initial Preparation and Quality Control of Textile Materials in Textile Cutting Operations
3. Lay Planning and Marker Making in Textile Cutting Operations
4. Principles and Methods of Textile Spreading
5. Manual Spreading of Textile Materials
6. Automated Spreading of Textile Materials
7. The Manual Textile Cutting Process
8. Manual Cutting Equipment in Textile Cutting
9. Automated Cutting of Textile Materials
10. Placement of Equipment in the Textile Cutting Room
11. Fusing Cut Textile Components
12. Final Work Operations in the Cutting Process for Textiles
13. Manual Marker Making, Spreading and Cutting of Striped Fabrics
14. Manual Marker Making, Spreading and Cutting Materials with Check Patterns
15. Manual Marker Making, Spreading and Cutting Fabrics with Motif Patterns
16. Manual Marker Making, Spreading and Cutting Fabrics with Border Patterns
17. Manual Marker Making, Spreading and Cutting Narrow Lace
18. Spreading and Cutting Fabrics with Pile
19. Problems in Spreading and Cutting Intricate Fabrics and Methods to Prevent Them
20. Automated Pattern Matching Methods and Automated Systems to Perform Laying and Cutting Materials with Intricate Patterns
Industrial Cutting of Textile Materials, Second Edition, is a comprehensive guide to cutting room operations, offering step-by-step information on processes, technologies and best practice. This new edition is updated to present the latest advances in automated cutting technology, including advanced spreading methods and machines, advanced knife cutting systems, and pattern matching methods. Drawing on her extensive practical experience, the author begins by reviewing initial steps, such as unloading, sorting and quality control of materials, before discussing subsequent operations, including lay planning and marker making, manual and automated spreading and cutting, fusing of cut components, and final work operations, such as sorting cut components for sewing.
The book also covers marker making, spreading and cutting of more intricate fabrics, such as striped fabrics and fabrics with check, motif and border patterns, narrow lace and pile fabrics.
With essential information on cutting room operations and best practice, this book provides designers, technologists and managers with the knowledge that they need to maximize accuracy and efficiency, to control production processes effectively, and to improve product quality. The book also enables academics and students engaged in the field of textile technology to gain a solid understanding of cutting room procedures.
- Provides detailed information on cutting room procedures, helping designers, technologists and manufacturers improve efficiency, productivity and quality
- Includes guidance on best practice and dealing with intricate fabrics
- Enables readers to benefit from the latest advances in automated cutting technology
Designers, technologists, engineers, managers and manufacturing specialists in the textile and clothing industries; undergraduate and postgraduate students in textile technology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st March 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Ineta Vilumsone-Nemes has conducted academic research and worked in textile manufacturing for almost 20 years, including working with garment manufacturers from several European countries. She is now an independent consultant and lecturer in garment production technologies and management.