Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Industrial Construction Estimating Manual focuses on industrial process plants and enables the contractor, subcontractor, and engineer to use methods, models, procedures, formats, and technical data for developing industrial process plant construction estimates.
The manual begins with an introduction devoted to labor, data collection, verification of data, coding, productivity measurement, the unit quantity model, and computer-aided cost estimating. It goes on to provide information on construction materials, database systems, work estimating, computer-aided estimating, detailed labor estimates, bid assurance, and detailed applications to construction. Practical examples based on historical data collected from past installations are also included as well as a detailed glossary, Excel and mathematical formulas, metric/standard conversions, area and volume formulas, and boiler man-hour tables. Industrial Construction Estimating Manual aids contractors, subcontractors, and engineers with a balance-detailed estimating method using the unit quantity model and is an excellent resource for those involved in engineering, technology, and construction estimating.
- Provides a detailed estimating method using the unit-quantity model to prepare construction estimates
- Delivers information on construction materials, databases, labor estimates, computer-aided estimating, bid assurance, and applications to construction.
- Utilizes historical data, from a database of previous similar work, calculates material cost and labor by category, and produces both summary and detailed man-hour and cost estimates.
Industrial Project Managers, Estimators, Engineers, Construction Estimators
1. Introduction to construction estimating
2. Construction material
3. Construction database system
4. Construction labor estimate
5. Computer-aided estimation
6. Combined cycle power plant (1 x 1) labor estimate
7. Gasifier labor estimate
8. Refinery equipment and storage tank labor estimates
9. Fluidized bed combustion labor estimates
10. Bid assurance
11. Detailed estimating applications to construction
Appendix A: Statistical and mathematical formulas
Appendix B: Excel functions and mathematical functions
Appendix C: Area and volume formulas
Appendix D: Standard to metric
Appendix E: Boiler man hour tables
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2020
- 27th May 2020
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Kenneth Storm is currently an independent consultant for a US-based construction company, preparing construction estimates on a variety of projects such as power plants, oil refineries, petroleum industry tank farms, and compressors stations ranging in price from $500,000 to over $250 million in scope. Accumulating over 35 years of experience, he worked as a major project engineer and piping engineer for a variety of major companies. He graduated with a BS in mathematics and statistics from California State University, Chico. He is licensed and certified as a California General Engineering Contractor and a member of the American Mathematical Association.
Independent consultant, licensed and certified as a California General Engineering Contractor and a member of the American Mathematical Association.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.