- Concise and straightforward descriptions of ICP-MS principles and instrumentation, ensuring rapid understanding of the technique and its advantages and limitations
- Examples to clarify the operational characteristics of the technology
- Drawings and illustrations to clarify principles, techniques, and methodology
- Discussions of practical approaches to the solution of specific trace analysis problems with helpful tips on efficiently producing the most accurate and precise data
- Easy-to-understand terms, so that new users of the technology will immediately benefit from the information provided
- Comprehensive appendixes containing isotopic and interference data
- An exhaustive compilation of literature citations for supplemental information
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Atomic Structure. Inductively Coupled Plasmas. Instrumentation. Sample Introduction. Special Techniques. Quantitative Techniques. Interferences.
Optimization. Figures of Merit. Appendix 1: Table of Elements with Atomic Number, Weights, and First and Second Ionization Potentials. Appendix 2: Isotopic
Composition of the Elements. Appendix 3: Prominent Polyatomic Interferences Applicable for ICP-MS Determinations. Appendix 4: Table of Student's Distribution.
Appendix 5: Certified Standard Reference Materials Available from the U.S. NIST and the NRC of Canada. Appendix 6: Supplemental References. Index.
- No. of pages: 294
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: October 17, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080508597
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry"