Stay on the cutting edge of implant dentistry for the edentulous patient! Written by Dr. Edmond Bedrossian, one of only a few specialists doing zygoma implants, Treatment Planning for the Fully Endentulous Patient: A Graftless Approach to Immediate Loading covers the latest advances in implants, products, and techniques. The book discusses the broader issues of working with the edentulous patient, then describes 1-stage and 2-stage protocols, immediate loading, and the graftless approach. Also included are insightful discussions of case studies and coverage of new software that helps to improve outcomes in treatment planning and surgery.
- Over 1,000 full-color illustrations depict implant techniques and products.
- Coverage of the Graftless Approach includes two concepts: 1) the anterior tilted implant, and 2) the zygoma implant, each eliminating the need for grafts and producing an implant site less prone to infection and with a quicker healing time.
- A Computer Guided Surgery chapter covers the latest software developed for treatment planning, creating the surgical template, laboratory procedures, and fabrication of the prosthetics.
- Case presentations on immediate loading tilted implants and zygoma implants appear at the end of the book, each a beginning-to-end study from Dr. Bedrossian’s own archives.
- Coverage of broader issues related to the edentulous patient includes a discussion of special needs, demographics, and the systemic pretreatment of these patients including bone composites and overall esthetic and functional goals.
1. Demographics of the edentulous patients
2. Osseointegration: rational for 2-stage vs. 1-stage protocols
3. Immediate loading
- 2-stage procedures
- Distance Osteogenesis
- Contact Osteogenesis
- Enhanced surfaces, Fluid retention index
- ISQ and immediate loading
4. Treatment limitation in treating the edentulous maxilla
- Literature review for treatment of the edentulous maxilla
- Lip support, VDO, phonetics, oral hygiene
- Surgical limitation for implant placement (posterior maxilla)
- Grafting approach: Surgical reconstruction of composite defects
- Prosthetic reconstruction of composite defect
5. Systematic pretreatment evaluation of the edentulous maxilla
- Composite defects
- Types of implant supported prosthesis
- Transition line
- Zones of the maxilla
6. Graftless approach for the treatment of the edentulous maxilla
a) Anterior tilted implant concept
7. Graftless approach for the treatment of the edentulous maxilla
a) Zygoma implant concept
8. Systematic pretreatment evaluation of the edentulous mandible
- All-on-4 concept
9. Conversion technique for immediate loading of the edentulous patient
10. Computer guided surgery (CGS)
- Treatment planning
- Guided templates
- Immediate loading
d) CGS: Maxillary tilted implants
e) CGS : Mandibular tilted implants
f) CGS : Zygoma concept
11. Case presentations: Alternatives for the fin
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associate Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Director, Implant testing, University of the Pacific, Oral and Maxillofacial Residency Training Program Private Practice, San Francisco, California