Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Application of Nanotechnology in Food Industry: Present Status and Future Prospectus
Ami Patel, Falguni Patra, Nihir Shah and Chandraprakash Khedkar
2. Nanotechnology: a pioneering rebellion for food diligence
Mian Kamran Sharif, Kanza Aziz Awan, Masood Sadiq Butt, Hafiz Rizwan Sharif
3. Implication of Nano Science in the Food Processing and Agricultural Industries
Arnab Majumdar, Neha Pradhan, Jibin Sadasivan, Nupur Ojha, Ananya Acharya, Swathy Babu, Sutapa Bose
4. Progress and challenges of nanotechnology in food engineering
Sophiya Devi Lamabam and Robert Thangjam
5. Nanotechnology trends in the food industry: recent developments, risks and regulation
A.G. Ponce, J.F. Ayala-Zavala, N.E. Marcovich, F.J. Vázquez, M.R. Ansorena
6. Impact of Nanoscience in Food Industry – Consumer’s Health and Regulatory Organisations
Ioannis L. Liakos, Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu, Alina Maria Holban
7. Functionalised silica nanomaterials as a new tool for new industrial applications
Jose Vicente Ros-Lis, Andrea Bernardos, Édgar Pérez, José Manuel Barat, Ramón Martínez-Máñez
8. Eco-friendly synthesis of metal /metal oxide nanoparticles and their application in food packaging and food preservation
K. Jagadish, S. Yallappa, B.N. Chandrashekar, B.L. Dhananjaya, S. Srikantaswamy
9. Significance of Nanotechnology for sensing, estimation, degradation and formulation of agrochemicals
Kishore Kumar Nair, Neha Srivastava, Supriya Kumari, Samsul Alam, S.K.Raza
10. Nanometals as promoters of nutraceutical quality in crop plants
Juarez-Maldonado, A., S. Gonzalez-Morales, M. Cabrera-De la Fuente, J. Medrano-Macias, A. Benavides-Mendoza
11. Use of Nanotechnological Methods for the Analysis and Stability of Food Antioxidants
Gulay Ozkan, Senem Kamiloglu, Esra Capanoglu, Julide Hizal, Resat Apak
12. Stabilized R-alpha-lipoic acid by encapsulation using cyclodextrins.
Naoko Ikuta, Keiji Terao and Seiichi Matsugo
13. Integrated process control for result oriented process automation
14. Electrospun Polymeric Nanofibers in Food Packaging
Juliana Botelho Moreira, Michele Greque de Morais, Etiele Greque de Morais, Bruna da Silva Vaz and Jorge Alberto Vieira Costa
15. Use of nanoparticles in the food industry. Advances and perspectives
Maria L. Carrillo-Inungaray, Jorge Antonio Trejo-Ramirez Abigail Reyes-Munguia, Candy Carranza-Alvarez
The Impact of Nanoscience in the Food Industry, Volume 12 in The Handbook of Food Bioengineering series, explores how nanoscience applications in food engineering offer an alternative to satisfying current food needs that cannot be fulfilled by natural products. Nanotechnology enables the development of tailored food ingredients and structures to replace products that are difficult to obtain. The book discusses how specialized nano-preservatives, sensors and food degradation and contamination detectors were developed and how they can be introduced in food products without degrading quality or properties of the final product. A valuable resource for food engineering researchers and students alike.
- Identifies common nanomaterials used in food preservation and food packaging
- Provides industrial applications to increase food production
- Describes analytical methods for assessing food safety
- Identifies how nanoscience advances allow for new developments in functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Discusses safety concerns, regulations and restricted use of nanomaterials in food bioengineering
Experts on the field of nanoscience, students and people from the food industry and academic researchers, regulatory agencies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 13th January 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, in the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, with a second affiliation to the Faculty of Medical Engineering, at the Politehnica University of Bucharest in Romania. He is an experienced and oft-published researcher and editor in the field of nano and biomaterials, and he is the Editor-in-Chief of three journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He also serves as editor or guest editor for several notable journals. Dr. Grumezescu has published 150 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters, 6 co-authored books and 11 edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.