Get a quick, expert overview of the use of current and novel immunotherapies for use in the management and treatment of allergic reactions and diseases. This concise resource by Dr. Linda Cox covers the full range of allergic disease, including aeroallergens, asthma, food allergies, atopic dermatitis, and stinging insects. With essential coverage of allergen immunotherapies in addition to key topics on emerging allergen-associated immunomodulators, this succinct, comprehensive reference consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into a single convenient resource.
Section 1: Background
1. History of Allergen Immunotherapy
2. Definition of an Allergen
3. Allergen Standardization and Manufacturing
Section 2: Allergic Diseases
4. Allergic Respiratory Diseases: Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis
5. Atopic Dermatitis
6. Food Allergy
7. Stinging Insects
Section 3: Mechanisms of Allergen Immunotherapy
8. Subcutaneous Immunotherapy: Aeroallergen
9. Sublingual Immunotherapy: Aeroallergen and Venom
10. Food Tolerance, Allergy, and Allergen Unresponsiveness
11. Clinical Markers to AIT Response
12. Biologics for COPD
13. Role of Biologics in Pediatric Asthma
Section 4: Allergen Immunotherapy (AIT) and Allergen Immunomodluatory (AIM) Therapies
14. Breakthroughs in Subcutaneous Immunotherapy
15. Breakthroughs in Sublingual Immunotherapy
16. Food Immunotherapy
17. Adherence and Pharmacoeconomics
Section 5: AIT and Immunomodulatories in Investigation
18. Alternative Immunotherapy Routes
19. Modified Allergens: Peptides, Fragments, and Recombinant Allergens
Section 6: Allergen Immunomodulatories
20. Overview of Immunomodulatories
21. Anti IGE
22. Anti IL5
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 19th November 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Allergy and Asthma Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at University of Miami School of Medicine and Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Miami, Florida
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.