A world renowned group of experts brings you an exhaustive full-color two-volume reference to help you effectively select and interpret the best imaging studies for the challenges you face in diagnosing diseases of the chest. They cover every aspect of chest radiology, including the latest diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques. Examples of cutting-edge modalities such as multislice CT, breath-hold MR, and PET-CT are balanced with conventional radiographic images, enabling you to compare and contrast findings from all imaging modalities. More than 3,100 digital-quality illustrations (with 650 in full color) offer exceptional detail and clarity, and user-friendly features including key points boxes and classic signs put today’s best practices at your fingertips.
- Offers advice from a diverse group of experts from around the globe, providing you with a wide range of options and perspectives to help you overcome difficult challenges.
- Presents radiographic images as well as multislice CT, high-resolution CT, and when appropriate, MR, PT, CT-PET, ultrasonography, and pathologic findings so you can easily compare results.
- Incorporates characteristic clinical manifestations of the various entities to facilitate differential diagnosis and to help you fully understand the patterns and distribution of abnormalities.
- Structures every chapter consistently to include pathophysiology, imaging techniques, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment options so you can make the best informed decisions.
- Provides boxes highlighting “what the referring physician needs to know”, to assist you with report writing, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- Uses more than 3,100 superior, large digital-quality images (650 in full color) depicting all of the chest imaging findings you’re likely to see, and helping you distinguish between conditions with similar presentations.
- Includes color artwork that lets you easily find critical anatomic views of diseases and injuries.
- Features a full-color design throughout, color-coded tables, classic signs boxes, and bulleted lists that highlight key concepts and get you to the information you need quickly.
I. NORMAL CHEST
Chapter 1: Normal Chest Radiograph
Chapter 2: Normal Computed Tomography of the Chest
Chapter 3: Ultrastructure of the Pulmonary Parenchyma
II. RADIOLOGIC MANIFESTATIONS OF LUNG DISEASE
Chapter 4: Consolidation
Chapter 5: Atelectasis
Chapter 6: Nodules and Masses
Chapter 7: Interstitial Patterns
Chapter 8: Decreased Lung Density
III. DEVELOPMENTAL LUNG DISEASE
Chapter 9: Airway and Parenchymal Anomalies
Chapter 10: Congenital Malformations of the Pulmonary Vessels in the Adult
IV. PULMONARY INFECTION
Chapter 11: Community Acquired Pneumonia
Chapter 12: Bacterial Pneumonia
Chapter 13: Pulmonary Tuberculosis
Chapter 14: Nontuberculous (Atypical) Mycobacterial Infection
Chapter 15: Fungal Infections
Chapter 16: Mycoplasma Pneumoniae
Chapter 17: Chlamydia
Chapter 18: Viruses
Chapter 19: Parasites
V. THE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENT
Chapter 20: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Chapter 21: Immunocompromised Host (Non-AIDS)
VI. PULMONARY NEOPLASMS
Chapter 22: Lung Cancer: Overview and Classification
Chapter 23: Lung Cancer Screening
Chapter 24: Lung Cancer: Radiologic Manifestations and Diagnosis
Chapter 25: Pulmonary Carcinoma: Staging
Chapter 26: Carcinoid Tumors, Pulmonary Tumorlets and Neuroendocrine Hyperplasia
Chapter 27: Neoplasms of Tracheobronchial Glands
Chapter 28: Pulmonary Hamartoma
Chapter 29: Inflammatory Psuedotumor
Chapter 30: Pulmonary Metastases
VII. LYMPHOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS AND LEUKEMIA
Chapter 31: Pulmonary Lymphoid Hyperplasia and Lymphoid Interstitial Pneumonia (Lymphocytic Interstitial Pneumonia)
Chapter 32: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Chapter 33: Hodgkin Disease
VIII. INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASES </
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2008
- 28th March 2008
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia; Head and Medical Director, Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Research Associate, Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada