Get the thorough understanding of head and neck anatomy needed to perform dental examinations and procedures! Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck, 6th Edition provides complete coverage of oral biology and anatomy, with special emphasis on the anatomy of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Chapters are organized by body systems, and include coverage of the administration of local anesthesia and the spread of dental infection. Detailed images and a focus on clinical considerations make it easier to apply concepts to everyday dental practice. Written by noted educators Margaret J. Fehrenbach and Susan W. Herring, this book prepares you for success on certification exams and as a dental professional.
- Comprehensive, easy-to-understand coverage provides a solid foundation in head and neck anatomy with in-depth discussion of the TMJ, the spread of infection, and the anatomy of local anesthesia.
- About 400 full-color images include detailed and clearly labeled anatomic illustrations, skull photographs, and clinical images.
- Full-color format includes a clear depiction of the oral cavity and related gross anatomy.
- Key terminology is highlighted within the text and defined in a handy, back-of-book glossary.
- Expert authors Margaret J. Fehrenbach and Susan W. Herring provide knowledge that is useful in both classroom and clinical settings.
- Learning resources on the Evolve companion website reinforce your understanding with review questions and quizzes.
- Introduction to Head and Neck Anatomy
2. Surface Anatomy
3. Skeletal Anatomy
4. Muscular System
5. Temporomandibular Joint
6. Vascular System
7. Glandular Tissue
8. Nervous System
9. Anatomy of Local Anesthesia
10. Lymphatic System
11. Fascia and Spaces
12. Spread of Infection
Appendix A: Bibliography
Appendix B: Extraoral and Intraoral Clinical Examination Skills
Appendix C: Procedures for the Performance of Extraoral and Intraoral Examinations
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2020
- 25th September 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dental Hygiene Educational Consultant, Oral Biology Technical Writer, Renton WA Adjunct Faculty, Seattle Central College, Seattle, WA
Professor, Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.