- Contains hundreds of illustrations showing critical characteristics necessary for proper identification, plus keys and other guides
- Provides up-to-date taxonomic revisions
- Includes species from around the world
- Updates synthesis of modern and historical literature presented by active researchers in the field
- Compiles literature from around the world into one handy source
Table of Contents
- G.R. Hasle and C.R. Tomas, Introduction and Historical Background.
G.R. Hasle and E.E. Syvertson, Marine Diatoms.
K.A. Steidinger and K. Tangen, Dinoflagellates.
C.R. Tomas, Introduction.
J. Throndsen, The Planktonic Marine Flagellates.
B.R. Heimdal, Modern Coccolithophorids.
- No. of pages: 874
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1997
- Published: June 25, 1997
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080534428
- Paperback ISBN: 9780126930184
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
DianneGreenfield Sun Sep 01 2019
This is an outstanding and highly valuable guide for any freshwater or marine biologist. A few of the species' names need updating, but otherwise it's a 'must have'.