- Provides a comprehensive review of the main types of fibre together with their structure, characteristics and identification
- Assesses methods of fibre identification from optical microscopy to DNA analysis as well as instruments available to identify fibres
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Textile fiber structure and characteristics: Introduction to textile fiber identification; Ways of identifying textile fibers and materials; Natural animal textile fibers: Structure, characteristics and identification; Synthetic textile fibers: Structure, characteristics and identification; High performance fibers: Structure, characteristics and identification; The use of classification systems and production methods in identifying manufactured textile fibers. Part 2 Methods of fiber identification: Optical microscopy for textile fiber identification; The use of spectroscopy for FP textile fiber identification; Microspectrophotometry for textile fiber colour measurement; Alternative and specialised textile fiber identification tests; Analysis of dyes using chromatography; DNA analysis in the identification of animal fibers in textiles. Part 3 Applications: Identifying plant fibers in textiles: The case of cotton; The forensic identification of textile fibers; Identifying and analysing of textile damage in the textile industry; The role of fibre identification in textile conservation.
- No. of pages: 396
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: January 30, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781845692667
- eBook ISBN: 9781845695651
About the Editor
M M Houck
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Identification of Textile Fibers"