Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ice-Houses: Energy, Architecture and Sustainability presents new and novel technologies and approaches surrounding daily and seasonal ice storage, along with discussions on passive cooling and natural technologies using different methods, including heat pumps. The book covers different aspects of ice-houses and cold energy production, storage and utilization. By addressing various issues connected to the technology and structure of traditional ice-houses and natural and artificial ice making, this refences looks at new technological approaches for the reduction of electrical energy consumption in buildings.
Users will find this to be a comprehensive overview of ice house storage that includes worked examples and global case studies. It is an essential resource for researchers and engineers looking to advance their understanding of this method of thermal storage.
- Includes worked examples which calculate and determine the amounts of different parameters to help better understand the problem-solving process
- Provides a comprehensive literature review on the history and architecture of ice-houses, along with different ice production and storage methods
- Contains recent developments related to cold energy production and storage through ice making to reduce electricity demand
Electrical engineers, systems engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers and researchers interested in energy production and storage
- Introduction: Energy consumption and environmental challenges
2. Natural ice making
3. Artificial ice making
4. Traditional ice-houses
5. The architecture of traditional ice-houses
6. Natural and low-energy ice making to save energy
7. Ice production to reduce electricity demand for cooling buildings at peak times
8. Using solar energy, heat pumps and seasonal ice storage to provide heating/cooling needs of buildings
9. Case studies and examples of traditional ice-houses
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 6th May 2021
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Alireza Dehghani-Sanij is currently a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Waterloo, Canada. He studies energy issues such as energy sources, storage and conversion; stand-alone and hybrid renewable energy systems, specifically in geothermal contexts; and passive cooling systems. In a decade’s academic and industrial experience, he has published over 30 papers in scientific journals and presented over 30 papers at conferences. He has also collaborated with other researchers to publish several books in both English and Farsi.
Senior Research Fellow, University of Waterloo, Canada.
Dr. Mehdi N. Bahadori is a Professor (Emeritus) of Mechanical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology, Iran. He has published and presented over 200 papers in scientific journals and at conferences, in both English and Farsi. He has also collaborated on some books in both languages, on energy, passive cooling systems, and engineering ethics. Among his scientific and professional memberships are ones in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineers (ISME), and the Iranian Solar Energy Society.
Professor (Emeritus) of Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.