List of Contributors.
I. HYPOTHALAMIC INTEGRATION OF ENERGY METABOLISM
1. The human hypothalamus in metabolic and episodic disorders.
2. Synaptic plasticity mediating Leptin's effect on metabolism.
3. The hypothalamus, hormones and hunger: alterations in human obesity and illness.
4. Glucocorticoids, chronic stress, and obesity.
5. Design and synthesis of (ant)-antagonists that alter appetite and adiposity.
6. Monogenic human obesity syndromes.
II. HYPOTHAMAMIC INTEGRATION OF BLOOD BORNE SIGNALS
7. The selfish brain: competition for energy resources.
8. Integration of metabolic stimuli in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus.
9. Adipokines that link obesity and diabetes to the hypothalamus.
III. HYPOTHALAMIC CONTROL OF BONE AND THYROID METABOLISM
10. The circadian modulation of Leptin-controlled bone formation.
11. Hypothalamic thyroid hormone feedback in health and disease.
12. The TRH Neuron: a hypothalamic integrator of energy metabolism.
IV. RHYTHMS, SLEEP AND ENERGY METABOLISM
13. The seventeenth C.U. Ariens Kappers Lecture. An Introduction.
14. Staying awake for dinner: hypothalamic integration of sleep, feeding and circadian rhythms.
15. Circadian timing in health and disease.
16. Circadian time keeping: the daily ups and downs of genes, cells and organisms.
17. The hypothalamic clock and its control of glucose homeostatis.
18. Mechanisms and functions of coupling between sleep and temperature rhythms.
19. What can we learn from seasonal animals about the regulation of energy balance?
V. HYPOTHALAMIC INTEGRATION OF "SENSORY" INFORMATION