Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Hydrogen Economy: Supply Chain, Life Cycle Analysis and Energy Transition for Sustainability explores the challenges for the transition into a sustainable hydrogen economy. In this book, experts from various academic backgrounds discuss the tools and methodologies for the analysis, planning, design and optimization of hydrogen supply chains. They examine the available technologies for hydrogen production, storage, transport, distribution and energy conversion, providing a cross cutting perspective on their sustainability.
Environmental, social and economic aspects are considered, allowing for a more complete life cycle assessment of the entire supply chain. Methods and frameworks for multi-criteria decision making for the sustainable implementation of hydrogen systems are also covered. Providing a broad overview of the subject and well-recognized tools to manage hydrogen sustainability, this book is a useful resource for engineering researchers and PhD students in energy, environmental and industrial areas, energy economy researchers, practicing hydrogen energy engineers and technicians, energy and environmental consultants, life cycle assessment practitioners and consultants.
- Provides a broad perspective of the issues related to environmental, social and economic sustainability of hydrogen energy and its future perspectives
- Presents the current applied research and available tools for managing and assessing hydrogen energy sustainability, such as LCA, optimization, multi-criteria decision making and supply chain optimization
- Explores how experts in the field handle all issues related to the application of life cycle assessment for hydrogen production, storage, transport, distribution and end use
Engineering researchers and PhD students in energy, environmental and industrial areas, energy economy researchers, hydrogen energy practicioners (engineers and technicians), energy and environmental consultants, life cycle assessment practitioners and consultants
- The Role of Hydrogen Energy: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
Jingzheng Ren, Suzhao Gao, Hanwei Liang, Shiyu Tan and Lichun Dong
2. Introduction of Hydrogen Routines
Di Xu, Lichun Dong and Jingzheng Ren
3. Critical Factors and Cause_Effect Analysis for Enhancing the Sustainability of Hydrogen Supply Chain
Alessandro Manzardo, Jingzheng Ren, Sara Toniolo and Antonio Scipioni
4. Design and Optimization of Hydrogen Supply Chains for a Sustainable Future
Sofía De-León Almaraz and Catherine Azzaro-Pantel
5. Life Cycle Cost Analysis of Hydrogen Energy Technologies
Antonella Petrillo, Fabio De Felice, Elio Jannelli and Mariagiovanna Minutillo
6. Life Cycle Assessment of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells and Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells: A Review
Sonia Longo, Maurizio Cellura, Francesco Guarino, Marco Ferraro, Vincenzo Antonucci and Gaetano Squadrito
7. Social Life Cycle Assessment of Hydrogen Energy Technologies
Rosana Adami Mattioda, Pâmela Teixeira Fernandes, JosLuiz Casela and Osiris Canciglieri Junior
8. Comparison of Different Multicriteria Decision-Making Methodologies for Sustainability Decision Making
Hanwei Liang, Jingzheng Ren, Suzhao Gao, Liang Dong and Zhiqiu Gao
9. Sustainability Decision Support Framework for the Prioritization of Hydrogen Energy Systems
Jingzheng Ren, Di Xu, Huan Cao, Shun’an Wei, Lichun Dong and Michael E. Goodsite
10. Opportunities and Future Challenges in Hydrogen Economy for Sustainable Development
Yi Dou, Lu Sun, Jingzheng Ren and Liang Dong
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 8th May 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Antonio Scipioni, University of Padova. Professor at the Industrial Engineering Department. He is the Director of CESQA, a leading research group with outstanding research results in the field of environmental and energy management. He is the member of the national committee on environment that approve standards on environmental management issues. He has managed as scientific director several European funded projects for the University of Padova with partners from all over Europe and with a specific focus on Energy issues and sustainability.
Professor, Industrial Engineering Department, University of Padova, Italy
Alessandro Manzardo, University of Padova. Senior associate researcher in the field of footprint and sustainability assessment. He is the chair of the Italian committee at the ISO/TC 207 committee on ISO standards related to environment. He is active member in several UNEP-Life Cycle Initiative processes on the definition of Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability methods (e.g. Footprints). He has scored several papers on energy related topics with specific focus on Hydrogen Energy.
Senior Associate Researcher, University of Padova, Italy
Jingzheng Ren (Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China) is an Assistant Professor of Modelling for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Honorary Associate Professor of Engineering Operations Management, University of Southern Denmark. His research mainly focuses on process system engineering, sustainability-oriented decision-making and waste management. He serves as the Editor of Sustainable Production and Consumption (Elsevier), Associate Editor of Environment, Development and Sustainability (Springer), and Associate Editor of Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. He has edited 5 books and published more than 130 journal papers in the finest journals, i.e., AIChE J, Computers & Chemical Engineering, Green Chemistry, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, Science of the Total Environment, Chemosphere, Energy, and Energy Conversion and Management, etc.
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.