Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Hydrocarbon Fluid Inclusions in Petroliferous Basins trains readers to detect Hydrocarbon Fluid Inclusions (HCFIs) in sedimentary rocks, particularly the wafer preparation techniques to visualize HCFIs, its distinction from aqueous inclusions, petrographic approaches to HCFIs, microthermometric observations on HCFIs, fluorescence emission spectra and Raman spectra of HCFIs, and their interpretations for the petroleum industry. The book features case studies from the Mumbai and Kerala Konkan Basins of the Western Offshore of India - two representative basins where new, non-destructive, fluid inclusion techniques were tested. This book is essential reading for students of petroleum geology and those working in exploration in the oil and gas industry.
- Helps readers to identify Hydrocarbon Fluid Inclusions (HCFIs) in sedimentary basins
- Covers how to determine the oil window, API gravity and chemical constituents in HCFIs
- Includes case studies on key offshore basins
Students and researchers in geosciences and petroleum engineering; oil and gas industry
1. Introduction to fluid inclusions
2. Non-destructive analytical techniques for fluid inclusions
3. Petroleum geology and the significance of HCFIs study
4. Hydrocarbon fluid inclusions (HCFIs)-examples from Mumbai and Kerala offshore basins in India
5. Fluorescence emission of oils in hydrocarbon fluid inclusions and its relation to API gravity
6. Raman spectroscopic studies on hydrocarbon fluid inclusions
7. Petrograhic and microthermometric analysis of hydrocarbon fluid inclusions
8. Conclusions and future perspectives
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 24th June 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. V. Nandakumar is a geoscientist in NCESS, India. He has vast expertise in fluid inclusion work, both in sedimentary and high-grade metamorphic rocks. Dr. V. Nandakumar has more than 28 years of experience in fluid inclusions studies, beginning from his MSc thesis on fluid inclusions in igneous and hydrothermal systems. As a continuation to his MSc thesis, his PhD work was also on fluid inclusions in cordierite bearing granulites. He also collaborated with the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Government of India to study fluid inclusions from the petroliferous basins and is developing techniques for oil exploration.
Geoscientist (Scientist-G), National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India
Dr. Jayanthi JL is a physicist at NCESS specialised in spectroscopic applications in fluid inclusions. She has expertise in characterising fluorescence and Raman spectra of geological and biological samples. She is currently associated in the study of fluid inclusions in sedimentary and metamorphic rocks
Physicist (Project Scientist-C), National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.