Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Hydro-Geo-Engineering: Calculations and Simulations explains how to develop effective quantitative solutions for applications in hydrogeology and Geological Engineering. The book's author provides a systematic, hands-on approach to illustrate how hydrogeological/geological Engineering concepts are translated into quantitative engineering solutions. Topics explored include problems relating to contaminant migration, landfill, groundwater-surface water interactions, land use, hydrology, waste treatment plant design, resources, infrastructure, energy and mining with illustrations from real-life projects using a variety of simulation methods that are easy-to-understand and have step-by-step quantitative analysis that is supported by illustrations and tables.
- Explains how to expertly prepare quantitative hydrogeological/geological engineering solutions and how to convey the associated results into real-life assignments
- Includes practical, step-by-step techniques for data analysis and visualization (EVS Pro and Leapfrog)
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of 3-D graphics and animations for environmental and engineering applications together with other hydro-geo-engineering decision supporting tools
- Presents application of inverse modelling code with an advanced technology
- Touches scale effects, none-uniqueness issues and uncertainties related to subsurface heterogeneity, model structure, parameter, climate variability and projected cost-benefit
- Highlights topics related to ecology, zero waste policy, recycling, renewable energy, sustainability and future scientific/engineering solutions
Hydrogeologists, Hydrologists, Geotechnical Engineers, Civil and Environmental Engineers and Tunnel, Energy and Mining Engineering professionals
2. Role of Hydro-geoengineering
3. Method of analysis
4. Empirical analysis
5. Analytical solution
6. Numerical solution for comparison
7. Comparison of analytical Vs numerical solution Choice
8. Case studies
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Yohannes Yihdego, has over 18 years’ experience, including as an engineering geologist, consulting hydrogeologist, teacher assistant and Honorary Adjunct at La Trobe University, Australia. He has worked extensively on brown and green field projects across Australia, Middle East, Asia & Africa, with the water resource, mining, infrastructure, energy, agriculture and civil construction industry on Geological, Geotechnical/Geo-engineering, hydrogeological, Hydraulic, hydrological, contamination and environmental assessments, in multi-disciplinary teams as a team member and project manager. He is a Registered Professional Geoscientist (R.P.Geo) from Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG) and a Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) from Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand
Engineering Geologist, Consulting Hydrogeologist, Teacher Assistant and Honorary Adjunct, La Trobe University, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.