* Offers the latest information on proportional valves and the electronics cards now appearing in hydraulic systems
* Includes a new section on safety including European legislation
Table of Contents
- Fundamental principles: Industrial prime movers; A brief system comparison; Definition of terms; Pascal's law; Pressure measurement; Fluid flow; Temperature; Gas laws. Hydraulic pumps and pressure regulation: Pressure regulation; Pump types; Pump Problems; Loading valves; Filters. Air compressors, air treatment and pressure regulation: Compressor types; Air receivers and compressor control; Air treatment; Pressure regulation; Service units. Control valves: Graphic symbols; Types of control valve; Pilot-operated valves; Check valves; Shuttle and fast exhaust valves; Sequence valves; Time delay valves; Proportional valves; Servo valves; modular valves and manifolds; Cartridge logic valves. Actuators: Linear actuators; Seals; Rotary actuators; Application notes. Hydraulic and pneumatic accessories: Hydraulic reservoirs; Hydraulic accumulators; Hydraulic coolers and heat rechangers; Hydraulic fluids; Pneumatic piping, hoses and connections; Cost of Air Leaks; Silencers; Hydraulic piping, hoses and connections; Hydraulic & Pneumatic Fuses. Process control pneumatics: Signals and standards; The flapper-nozzle; Volume boosters; The air relay and the force balance principles; Pneumatic controllers; Process control valves and actuators; Converters. Sequencing Applications: Introduction;Pneumatic Limit Switches; Logic Elements; Timers;More Complex Sequences;Pressure Controlled Sequences;Modular Sequence Valves;Programmable Controllers;Distributed Systems. Safety, fault-finding and maintenance: Safety; Cleanliness; Fault-finding instruments; Fault-finding; Preventative maintenance; Computer Simulation.Appendix: Hydraulic & Pneumatic Symbols.
- No. of pages: 256
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 1999
- Published: February 25, 1999
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080508405
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Hydraulics and Pneumatics"