Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Reservoirs: Theories, Operations, and Economic Analysis, Second Edition, presents the latest operations and applications in all facets of fracturing. Enhanced to include today’s newest technologies, such as machine learning and the monitoring of field performance using pressure and rate transient analysis, this reference gives engineers the full spectrum of information needed to run unconventional field developments. Covering key aspects, including fracture clean-up, expanded material on refracturing, and a discussion on economic analysis in unconventional reservoirs, this book keeps today's petroleum engineers updated on the critical aspects of unconventional activity.
- Helps readers understand drilling and production technology and operations in shale gas through real-field examples
- Covers various topics on fractured wells and the exploitation of unconventional hydrocarbons in one complete reference
- Presents the latest operations and applications in all facets of fracturing
Production engineers, Field engineers, Well service personnel, Completion engineers, Reservoir engineers, Petroleum engineering students-undergrad and graduate level
1. Introduction to Unconventional Reservoirs
2. Advanced Shale Reservoir Characterization
3. Shale Initial Gas-in-Place Calculation
4. Multiscale Fluid Flow and Transport in Organic-Rich Shale
5. Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid Systems
6. Proppant Characteristics and Application Design
7. Unconventional Reservoir Development Footprints
8. Hydraulic Fracturing Chemical Selection and Design
9. Fracture Pressure Analysis and Perforation Design
10. Fracture Treatment Design
11. Horizontal Well Multistage Completion Techniques
12. Completions and Flowback Design Evaluation in Relation to Production
13. Rock Mechanical Properties and In Situ Stresses
14. Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test
15. Numerical Simulation of Hydraulic Fracturing Propagation
16. Operations and Execution
17. Decline Curve Analysis
18. Economic Evaluation
19. The Role of Federal Reserve
20. NGL and Condensate Handling, Calculations, and Breakeven Analysis
21. Well Spacing and Completions Design Optimization
22. Stacked Pay Development
23. Production Analysis and Wellhead Design
24. Application of Machine Learning in Hydraulic Fracture Optimization
25. Numerical Simulation of Real Field Marcellus Shale Reservoir Development and Stimulation
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2019
- 18th June 2019
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Hoss Belyadi is the founder and CEO of Obsertelligence, LLC, focused on providing artificial intelligence (AI) in-house training and solutions. As an adjunct faculty member at multiple universities, including West Virginia University, Marietta College, and Saint Francis University, Mr. Belyadi taught data analytics, natural gas engineering, enhanced oil recovery, and hydraulic fracture stimulation design. With over 10 years of experience working in various conventional and unconventional reservoirs across the world, he works on diverse machine learning projects and holds short courses across various universities, organizations, and the department of energy (DOE). Mr. Belyadi is the primary author of Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Reservoirs (first and second editions) and is the author of Machine Learning Guide for Oil and Gas Using Python. Hoss earned his BS and MS, both in petroleum and natural gas engineering from West Virginia University.
Founder and CEO, Obsertelligence, LLC, PA, USA
Dr. Fathi is currently an Associate Professor of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering at West Virginia University. He has received 2014 (AIME) Rossiter W. Raymond Memorial Award and SPE outstanding Technical Editor Award in 2013. Ebrahim has authored several peer reviewed journal publications and conference papers. He has been heavily involved in research on various aspects of unconventional reservoir developments, including machine learning, multi-stage hydraulic fracturing of horizontal wells, and prediction of fault reactivation. His research has also included laboratory measurement and characterization of fluid transport and storage in organic-rich shales, innovative research developing new-generation of flow simulators for unconventional reservoirs, and the area of computational fluid dynamics. He earned a BS in Exploration of Mining Engineering and a MS in Exploration of Petroleum Engineering, both from Tehran University, a PhD and Post-doc in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Oklahoma.
Assistant Professor, Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, West Virginia University, USA
Fatemeh Belyadi is currently the founder and CEO of Integrated Smart Data Solutions, LLC. Dr. Belyadi was formerly an Assistant Professor of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering at West Virginia University, Exterran Energy Solution Company, and Kish Oil and Gas Company (KOGC) where she specialized in process equipment, gas plant, refinery reactor design, reservoir management, and machine learning. SPE publishes a large portion of her professional activities, where she regularly attends and presents papers in SPE conferences. Her research interests include multi-phase fluid flow, wellbore integrity, designing and managing drilling fluids, machine learning, and enhanced oil recovery especially from stripper wells. Dr. Belyadi received her BS, MS, and PhD in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering from West Virginia University.
Founder and CEO of Integrated Smart Data Solutions, LLC, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.