Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems and Microgrids covers the modeling and analysis for each type of integrated and operational hybrid energy system. Looking at the fundamentals for conventional energy systems, decentralized generation systems, RES technologies and hybrid integration of RES power plants, the most important contribution this book makes is combining emerging energy systems that improve micro and smart grid systems and their components. Sections cover traditional system characteristics, features, challenges and benefits of hybrid energy systems over the conventional power grid, the deployment of emerging power electronic technologies, and up-to-date electronic devices and systems, including AC and DC waveforms.
Conventional, emerging and hierarchical control methods and technologies applied in microgrid operations are covered to give researchers and practitioners the information needed to ensure reliability, resilience and flexibility of implemented hybrid energy systems.
- Presents detailed contents on emerging power networks provided by decentralized and distributed generation approaches
- Covers driving factors, photovoltaic based power plant modeling and planning studies
- Introduces hierarchical control methods and technologies applied in microgrid operations to ensure reliability, resilience and flexibility of hybrid energy systems
Electrical Engineers; Smart Grid Specialists; Researchers in Electrical Power Systems and Electronics Engineering; Energy Engineers; Computer Engineers
- Introduction to Power Systems
2. Centralized Power Generation
3. Distributed Generation and Microgrids
4. Renewable Energy Sources
5. Power Electronics for Hybrid Energy Systems
6. Hybrid RES Power Systems
7. PV Power Plant Planning and Modelling
8. Wind Power Plant Planning and Modelling
9. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Plants
10. Hybrid Energy Storage Systems
11. Electric Vehicles as Source in Grid
12. Control Systems for Hybrid Energy Systems
13. Microgrid Control Technologie
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Ersan Kabalcı, Ph.D., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Nevşehir Hacı Bektaş Veli University, Nevsehir-Turkey. Research interests: Inverters and converters, Renewable energy sources, Fuzzy Logic and ANN Applications, Smart Grid, Microgrid, Distributed Generation, Power line communication, Electric machines and Drives, Real time modeling.
Professor, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Nevsehir Hacı Bektas Veli University, Nevsehir, Turkey
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.