Mutation Detection in Human Genes. Gene Mapping, Cloning, Sequencing. Transcription: Promoters, Transcription Factors, Mrna. RNA Editing, Ribozymes, Antisense RNA. Genome Recombination Amplification. Receptors, Signal Transduction. The Mouse as a Model System for Human Molecular Genetics.
Human Molecular Genetics is a practical guide to the applications of molecular biology and genetics techniques to human cells. A wide range of experimental procedures for investigating human genes and genomes are presented.
- Mutation Detection in Human Genes - chemical mismatch cleavage, DNA mini-sequencing, SSCP method, RT-PCR, electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA), protein truncation test, chromosome deletion analysis.
- Gene Mapping, Cloning, Sequencing - gene linkage determination, large-capacity cloning system, cDNA isolation, differential display method, primer-based DNA sequencing.
- Transcription: Promoters, Transcription Factors, mRNA, - promotor mutation analysis, transcription factor identification, mRNA-protein interaction characterization.
- RNA Editing, Ribozymes, Antisense RNA-mammalian RNA editing assays, ribozymes as genetic tools, antisense RNA technology.
- Genome Recombination, Amplification - recombination assays for mammalian cells, gene amplification measurement.
- Receptors, Signal Transduction - intra-cellular receptor characterization, analysis of signal transduction genes.
- The Mouse as a Model System for Human Molecular Genetics - mouse genome methods (mouse crosses, somatic cell hybrids, YACs), mouse model for cardiovascular disease.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1996
- 26th April 1996
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA