Human Body Composition: Approaches and Applications focuses on approaches to the description of human physique; clarification of the role of factors determining and modifying body composition; and assessment of biological and medical significance of individual differences in body composition.
The selection first discusses advances and developments in the methods for the study of body composition and chemical analysis of the body. Discussions focus on direct and roentgenographic studies of bone mineralization; caliper and roentgenogrammetric values of the thickness of subcutaneous adipose tissue; and soft tissue roentgenography. The text also looks at determination of specific gravity of live sheep and its correlation with fat percentage and interpretation of whole body potassium measurements.
The manuscript evaluates research on body composition and its relevance for human biology, including sex, growth, and aging, physical activity, loss and gain of body weight, and body composition in animals. The book also elaborates on sex difference in body composition, physical activity and body composition, hydrometry of growth and aging, and body composition and appraisal of nutriture.
The selection is a reliable reference for readers interested in the composition of the human body.
- Approaches Methods For the Study Of Body Composition: Some Recent Advances and Developments Chemical Analysis Of The Body Determination Of Specific Gravity Of Live Sheep and Its Correlation with Fat Percentage Interpretation Of Whole Body Potassium Measurements Human Size, Shape, and Composition Somatic Standards Of Reference
- Applications In Normal Man Research on Body Composition and Its Relevance for Human Biology Stores in The Human Body Sex Difference In Body Composition Body Composition, Culture, and Sex: Two Comments Physical Activity and Body Composition Body Composition in Normal Adults Hydrometry of Growth and Aging Radiographic Studies of Body Composition in Children and Adults
- Applications to the Study of Disease
Body Composition and Appraisal of Nutriture
Some Effects of Malnutrition on Body Composition
Body Composition and the Etiology of Degenerative Diseases
4 . Appendixes
- Body Composition and Human Biology: An Epilogue
- Body Cell Mass: A Special Review
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1965
- 1st January 1965
- eBook ISBN: