With a huge proportion of any organization’s expenditure invested in human resources and economic pressures demanding that companies become leaner than ever, it has never been more important for HR professionals to think and act strategically to turn their people planning into profit.
Focusing on HR as a key driver of competitive advantage and sustainable success, HR Strategy, second edition, demonstrates how to create a winning human resource strategy by predicting the results you expect to see and developing a workable, measurable plan for managing human capital. All of this requires an ability to tap into the needs of individual employees to unleash their maximum value.
This concise, easy-to-read text takes a practical, how-to approach, covering both the wide-angle theory and the day-to-day practice. This new edition includes:
- Updated case studies to demonstrate how strategies work in different organizational contexts
- Thorough revision throughout to incorporate the latest theories, developments, tools and measures
- Increased focus on the questions you need to ask about how your organization is configured, its values and principles, and what changes can be made from the ground up
- New edition features updated case studies and thorough revision throughout to incorporate the latest theories, developments, tools and measures
Now with increased focus on the questions you need to ask yourself about your organization's drivers and values in order to make real changes from the ground level up
Written by recognised leading consultant featured in HR Magazine’s Most Influential list of 2008
Senior HR professionals with a strategic focus; students taking undergraduate, graduate and continuing professional development courses in HR; other business professionals involved in strategy at middle and senior management levels.
Executive introduction and overview
What is the purpose of HR-business strategy?
HR-business strategy is a new, generic option
What does a strategic HR-business look and feel like?
So what is the best theory on managing people?
Are you mature enough for HR-business strategy?
Who will develop the HR-business strategy?
Strategic value measures and management tools
What factors have the biggest influence on the value of an HR-business strategy?
Due diligence and reporting on human capital
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2010
- 4th September 2009
- Paperback ISBN:
"This is a book too good not to be read by every HR practitioner calling themselves strategic."--Dr Tracy Tilman, Senior Counsellor at the Danish Tax and Customs Administration, Department of Strategy and HR