- Author Acknowledgements
- About the Author
- About Interoute Communications Limited
- About the Technical Editor
- How to Use this Book
- Chapter 1: The Security Organization
- Where Should Security Sit? Below the CEO, CTO, or CFO
- Your Mission: If You Choose to Accept It
- Role of the Security Function: What’s in a Job?
- The Hybrid Security Team: Back to Organizational Studies
- What Makes a Good CISO?
- Chapter 2: The Information Security Policy
- Policy, Strategy, and Standards: Business Theory
- Back to Security
- The Security Strategy and the Security Planning Process
- Security Policy Revisited
- Security Standards Revisited
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Chapter 3: Jargon, Principles, and Concepts
- CIA: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- The Vulnerability Cycle
- Types of Controls
- Risk Analysis
- Other Concepts You Need to Know
- Generic Types of Attack
- Chapter 4: Information Security Laws and Regulations
- U.K. Legislation
- U.S. Legislation
- Chapter 5: Information Security Standards and Audits
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005: What Now for BS 7799?
- PAS 56
- FIPS 140-2
- Common Criteria Certification
- Types of Audit
- Chapter 6: Interviews, Bosses, and Staff
- Worst Empl
This is the only book that covers all the topics that any budding security manager needs to know! This book is written for managers responsible for IT/Security departments from mall office environments up to enterprise networks.
These individuals do not need to know about every last bit and byte, but they need to have a solid understanding of all major, IT security issues to effectively manage their departments. This book is designed to cover both the basic concepts of security, non – technical principle and practices of security and provides basic information about the technical details of many of the products - real products, not just theory.
Written by a well known Chief Information Security Officer, this book gives the information security manager all the working knowledge needed to: Design the organization chart of his new security organization Design and implement policies and strategies Navigate his way through jargon filled meetings Understand the design flaws of his E-commerce and DMZ infrastructure
A clearly defined guide to designing the organization chart of a new security organization and how to implement policies and strategies
Navigate through jargon filled meetings with this handy aid
Provides information on understanding the design flaws of E-commerce and DMZ infrastructure
For managers responsible for IT/Security departments from small office environments up to enterprise networks.
- No. of pages:
- © Syngress 2006
- 22nd August 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Cheif Information Security Officer at Interoute