- Explores environmental changes affecting LIS professionals and the challenges they face
- Explores the need for LIS professionals to offer a benchmark for others in the use of alerting services
- Explores the variety of potentially useful alerting services (with special reference to WWW services)
Table of Contents
- ‘Current awareness’ or ‘alerting’ services: where do we come from and where are we heading? A dynamic LIS environment and the need to be a benchmark; Available alerting services; Learning from studies on information seeking behaviour; Surviving the negative side of alerting services; Time to reflect on creative use of information – seizing opportunities and surviving.
- No. of pages: 196
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2006
- Published: September 30, 2006
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780630960
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "How LIS Professionals Can Use Alerting Services"