Hot Isostatic Pressing '93
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Various topics related to Hot Isostatic Pressing are presented in this volume. As well as papers on more general aspects of HIPing, the papers are organised into four groups: metals and alloys, ceramics, HIP-engineering, and HIP-fundamentals. Castings, powder metallurgy, intermetallics, surface engineering and diffusion bounding are covered in the first group. The papers on ceramics give special attention to HIPing of structural and functional ceramics as well as to ceramic composites. Some interesting HIP-engineering innovations are presented on HIP equipment and HIP-technology. The papers which discuss HIP-fundamentals focus around materials modelling and component modelling.
Table of Contents
- (Abbreviated). Fundamentals. Experimental and theoretical modelling of the isostatic pressing of composite powders (C.D. Turner, M.F. Ashby). Simulation of powder consolidation (R.M. McMeeking, J. Xu). Finite element analysis of cold- and hot-isostatic pressing (R.M. Govindarajan, N. Aravas). Hot triaxial compaction: the effect of shear stress on the Al powder compact densification process (S. Watatani, H.R. Piehler, D.M. Watkins). Macroscopic simulation of consolidation during hot isostatic pressing (E.A. Olevsky, M.B. Shtern, V.V. Skorohod). Intermetallics and Castings. Hot isostatic pressing of titanium based materials (F.H. Froes, J. Hebeisen). HIP-synthesis of gamma-base titanium-aluminide composites (F. Pirwitz et al.). Hot isostatic pressing using the intelligent processing of materials approach (T.F. Zahrah et al.). Reactive HIP of NiAl-base intermetallic composites (H.P. Buchkremer et al.). Consolidation of Ni-Al based intermetallics by plasma spray forming and hot isostatic pressing (A. Geibel et al.). Regeneration of mechanical properties by HIP (D.J. Stephenson, T.N. Ho, P. Hancock). Powder Metallurgy, Surface Engineering, Diffusion Bonding. Industrial application of HIP for near net shape critical parts and components (V.N. Samarov). Manufacture of corrosion and wear resistant composite materials (M. Pierronnet, G. Raisson). Effect of inclusion morphology on the densification of TA6V powder reinforced with TiB
2inclusions (P. Thibault et al.). Tailored microstructure and properties through powder metallurgy and hot isostatic pressing (L. Buekenhout). HIP and superplastic forming of high performance P/M steels (R. Laag et al.). HIPing of components with internal cores (L. Björk, R. Tegman). Structured coatings by HIP: technical and economic benefits (G.F. Archer). Hot isostatic pressing of AA6061 - SiC composites (L. Froyen, L. Delaey, L. Buekenhout). Production of corrosion and wear resistant neutron absorbing materials by the hot isostatic pressing of powders (M. Pierronnet et al.). A study of fabrication through powder metallurgy of nickel based superalloys hybrid structural parts (Y. Bienvenu et al.). Gas-pressure combustion sintering (SHS/HIP) using silicon fuel (Y. Miyamoto et al.). Surface engineering of twin-screw extruder barrels (G.F. Archer, D.J. Stephenson). The formation of aluminide diffusion coatings on nickel-based materials by hot isostatic pressing (J.R. Blackford et al.). Ceramics. Hot isostatic pressing of ceramics - an overview (H.T. Larker). Encapsulation HIPing of laser synthesized nanosize silicon carbide (R. Gilissen et al.). HIPing of conventional Si 3N 4and ultrafine SiC powder mixtures (R. Vassen, D. Stöver, H.P. Buchkremer). Silicon nitride materials produced by sinter HIP and hot pressing (H. Klemm, U. Gerlach). Influence of powder processing on the densification behaviour and microstructure of sinter-HIPed silicon nitride (H.-J. Ritzhaupt-Kleissl et al.). Microstructural development of HIP-ed mullite (B. Kanka, H. Schneider). Post-HIPing of yttria doped tetragonal zirconia/alumina composites (M. Shimada et al.). Hot isostatic pressing of platelet reinforced zirconia composites (M. Poorteman et al.) B 4C graphite composites by HIP (F. Valin et al.). Surface nitridation of SiC-TiC composites by hot isostatic pressing (S. Jihong et al.). Benefits of different HIP techniques on alumina materials (A. Leriche, P. Aleksandrowicz, B. Thierry). HIP of reaction-bonded alumina (RBAO) with various ratios of open-to-closed porosity (D. Holz et al.). Effect of HIP on slip-cast superplastic ceramics (Z.C. Wang, N. Ridley, T.J. Davies). Equipment. Recent advances in HIP equipment technology (K. Uehara et al.). New developments in control systems for hot isostatic presses (E. De Vis, D. Wouters). Consideration and regulation for the safety of large HIP in Japan (K. Watando). Study in performance enhancement of a large HIP (G. Nelson, K. Calderone). Recent developments in vacuum and overpressure sintering for metals and ceramics (D. Ermel, R. Bauer, W. Diemar). Technology. HIP-quenching of aerospace parts. Measuring of high temperatures in a hot isostatic press (C. Bergman, S. Skogum). Capsule design for HIP of complex shape parts (D. Seliverstov et al.). Foil encapsulation technique for HIPing (Y. Manabe, T. Fujikawa, K. Uehara). Solution of processing problems in liquid phase pressure sintering by HIP-dilatometry (A. Kühne, R. Oberacker, Th. Jüngling). General. Hot isostatic pressing in competition and in combination with other consolidation processes (R. Widmer). New applications of hot isostatic process (M. Nanko, K. Ishizaki). Author index.
- No. of pages: 620
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1994
- Published: January 13, 1994
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780444599292
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Catholic University Leuven, Leuven-Heverlee, Belgium
Affiliations and Expertise
VITO, Mol, Belgium
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Hot Isostatic Pressing '93"