- Commemoration of the 150th anniversary of Sir Richard Owen's seminal paper distinguishing homology from analogy
- Contributors who are renowned leaders in comparative biology
- Coverage that is both comprehensive and interdisciplinary
Table of Contents
Introduction, B.K. Hall.
Richard Owen and The Concept of Homology, A.L. Panchen.
Homology, Topology, and Typology: The History of Modern Debates, O. Rieppel.
Homology and Systematics, G. Nelson.
Homology, Form, and Function, G.V. Lauder.
Can Biometrical Shape Be A Homologous Character?, F.L. Bookstein.
Homology, Development, and Heredity, B. Goodwin.
History, Ontogeny, and Evolution of the Archetype, N.H. Shubin.
Homology and the Mechanisms of Development, G.P. Wagner.
Within and Between Organisms: Replicators, Lineages, and Homologues, V.L. Roth.
Homology in Molecular Biology, D.M. Hillis.
Homology and Behavioral Repertoires, H.W. Greene.
Complexity and Homology in Plants, M.J. Donoghue and M.J. Sanderson.
Homology, Homeosis, and Process Morphology in Plants, R. Sattler.
- No. of pages: 504
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2013
- Published: December 18, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080574301
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Homology"