Table of Contents
- Linear Differential Equations and the Sturm-Liouville Problem. The ``Crypto-Integral'' Equations. The Equation of Vibrating Membranes. The Idea of Infinite Dimension. The Crucial Years and the Definition of Hilbert Space. Duality and the Definition of Normed Spaces. Spectral Theory after 1900. Locally Convex Spaces and the Theory of Distributions. Applications of Functional Analysis to Differential and Partial Differential Equations. References. Author and Subject Index.
- No. of pages: 311
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 1983
- Published: January 1, 1983
- Imprint: North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444861481
- eBook ISBN: 9780080871608
About the Author
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "History of Functional Analysis"