Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chapter One. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors Disrupt the Mitotic Spindle Assembly Checkpoint By Targeting Histone and Nonhistone Proteins
2. HDACi Dysregulate Cell Cycle Progression
3. HDACi Disrupt Normal Mitosis
4. Mechanism of HDACi-Induced Aberrant Mitosis
Chapter Two. Mechanisms of Resistance to Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors
2. Mechanisms of Resistance to HDAC Inhibitors
3. Clinical Trials of HDAC Inhibitors
Chapter Three. HDAC Inhibitors: Roles of DNA Damage and Repair
2. HDACis and DNA Damage
3. HDACis and Oxidative Stress
4. SIRTs: DNA Damage and Oxidative Stress Responses
5. Concluding Remarks and Future Directions
Chapter Four. HDAC Inhibitor Modulation of Proteotoxicity as a Therapeutic Approach in Cancer
1. Background: The Cellular Response to Proteotoxicity
2. Proteotoxicity as a Therapeutic Target in Cancer
3. Summary and Future Directions
Chapter Five. Intrinsic and Extrinsic Apoptotic Pathway Signaling as Determinants of Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor Antitumor Activity
2. The Intrinsic Apoptosis Pathway
3. HDACi Induce Apoptosis Via the Intrinsic Apoptosis Pathway
4. The Effects of HDACi on Antiapoptotic Bcl-2 Family Genes
5. Effects of HDACi on Proapoptotic BCL-2 Family Members
6. Effects of HDACi on Bid
7. Effects of HDACi on Bim
8. Effects of HDACi on Bmf
9. Effects of HDACi on Bad
10. Effects of HDACi on Noxa/Puma
11. Effects of HDACi on Bax and/or Bak
12. The Extrinsic Apoptosis Pathway
13. Effects of HDACi on the Extrinsic Apoptosis Pathway
14. Effects of HDACi on DR and Their Ligands
15. Concluding Remarks
Chapter Six. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors and Rational Combination Therapies
2. Histone Deacetylases
3. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors
4. Determinants of HDAC Inhibitor Lethality
5. HDACI Strategies in Cancer Therapy
6. Summary and Future Directions
Chapter Seven. HDAC Inhibitors and Chaperone Function
2. HDAC Inhibitors
3. Chaperones and Protein Homeostasis
4. Regulation of Hsp90 Chaperone Function by Reversible Acetylation
5. HDAC3 is the Nuclear Hsp90 Deacetylase
6. HDAC Inhibitor-Mediated Regulation of Hsp70
7. HDAC Regulation of Hsp40
8. Regulation of GRP78 Function by HDAC6
9. Concluding Remarks
Advances in Cancer Research provides invaluable information on the exciting and fast-moving field of cancer research. This thematic volume looks at "Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors as Cancer Therapeutics."
- Provides invaluable information on the exciting and fast-moving field of cancer research
- This thematic volume looks at "Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors as Cancer Therapeutics"
- Outstanding and original reviews
Researchers and students in the basic and clinical sciences of cancer biology and oncology, plus related areas in genetics, immunology, pharmacology, cell biology, and molecular biology.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2012
- 1st November 2012
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.