Hispanic Marketing: Connecting with the New Latino Consumer is about using cultural insights to connect with Latino consumers. It’s about marketing strategies that tap into the passion of Hispanic consumers so that marketers and service providers can establish the deep connections they need for a successful campaign. This book provides an understanding of the Latino consumer that goes beyond simplistic recipes.
This highly revised and expanded edition comes on the heels of new US Census figures: Hispanics now account for 53% of the US population growth since 2000, soaring to over 16% of the total population. Corporations are now realizing that they must incorporate Hispanic cultural values into their products, services, and communications.
This edition reflects and responds to the profound changes the Latino market has experienced since the first edition. It considers the way in which changes in cultural identity, immigration, economics, and market synergies need to be addressed in a new relationship with Hispanic consumers.
Twenty-five new industry case studies illustrate the chapters. These case studies show how brands from diverse categories have developed a cultural understanding of their Latino target and created campaigns that established strong bonds.
- Shows marketers how to better connect with the Spanish consumer, a $932 billion U.S. market
- Fully updated to include 2010 census data ensuring all references are up-to-date to aid today’s marketer to target this lucrative segment
- Brand new coverage of Hispanics online, 2nd and 3rd generation hispanics and how social media such as MySpace and Facebook affect this market segment aids marketers in planning most effectively
- Cultural Marketing: A new understanding
- The Composition of the Hispanic/Latino market
- The Latino Essense of "Hispanic"
- Language Considerations in Marketing to US Hispanics
- Enculturation, Acculturation, and Assimilation: A Bicultural Horizon
- Latino Subjective Culture: Insights for Positioning
- Culturally Informed Research among Latinos
- The U.S. Hispanic Marketing Industry
- The Digital World of U.S. Latinos
- Latino Consumers and the Future of U.S. Marketing
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2012
- 1st August 2011
- Paperback ISBN:
“If you’re a marketer looking to better understand the lucrative Hispanic segment, then this book is for you. Felipe and Betty Ann Korzenny take you on a journey inside the mind of the Latino consumer and provide you with the perspective and facts you need to design more effective and efficient Hispanic marketing strategies.”
Gian Fulgoni - Chairman, comScore
"Even after 28+ years of conducting multicultural marketing research, reading this book was an eye-opener. It delves into nuances that anyone working in, or contemplating a career in, any type of marketing should read. The old assumptions have changed! This book brings together the proper questions a marketer should ask along with how to interpret the answers BEFORE potentially catastrophic mistakes are made."
Michael Halberstram, Interviewing Service of America
“This book should be on the desk of every marketer responsible for effectively understanding and targeting Hispanic consumers in the US. It’s an invaluable primer for those who are new to the market and need to understand the cultural history and dimensions of this population. Those who are well entrenched in this market will find the case studies, practical advice and overall frameworks well suited for further building their business case and exploring new ways to position their campaigns and products.”
Tamara Barber, Multicultural Marketing Expert