- eBook ISBN 9781455756254
- Short, flexible format makes the course easily adaptable to your schedule and enables you to complete lessons independently.
- Printable certificate of completion demonstrates your basic HIPAA proficiency to prospective healthcare employers.
- Learning activities – including multiple choice, short answer, matching, crossword, true or false, and case studies – make difficult material more engaging and accessible.
- What Have You Learned? quizzes at the end of each lesson assess your understanding and help you identify areas requiring further review.
- Hyperlinked terms connect you directly to definitions for fast, easy reference.
Module 1: Introduction to HIPAA
- Brief History of HIPAA
- Patient Rights
- Compliance Requirements
- Penalties for Violations
Module 2: Practicalities of HIPAA
- Risk Reduction
- Best Practices
- Common Situations Students May Encounter
Module 3: Application of HIPAA
- Case Studies
- eBook ISBN: