- Reviews the factors affecting the success of a coating
- Describes the main types of coating and how their performance can be enhanced, including epoxies, polyester and waterborne coatings
- Examines applications in such areas as reinforced concrete pipelines and marine engineering
Table of Contents
- Part 1 General issues: Key issues in applying organic paint coatings; Surface preparation for organic paint coatings; Techniques for applying organic paint coatings; Characterisation, evaluation and testing of organic paint coatings; Selecting an appropriate organic paint coating; Causes and assessment of failures in organic paint coatings; Mechanical degradation of organic paint coatings. Part 2 Types of organic coating: High performance epoxies and solvent-less epoxies for corrosion protection; Polyester coatings for corrosion protection; Glassflake coatings for corrosion protection; Fluoropolymer coatings for corrosion protection in highly aggressive environments; Polysiloxane coatings for corrosion protection; Waterborne coatings for corrosion protection. Part 3 Applications of high performance organic coatings: Organic coatings for concrete and rebars in reinforced concrete structures; Organic coatings for underground pipelines; Organic coatings for marine and shipping applications; Organic coil coating of metal; High performance organic coatings for wastewater treatment plants; Anticorrosion organic coatings for the automotive industry; Using organic coatings for repainting and maintenance of steel components and structures.
- No. of pages: 472
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2008
- Published: July 9, 2008
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845694739
About the Editor
A S Khanna
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "High-Performance Organic Coatings"