Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
High-Performance Elastomeric Materials Reinforced by Nanocarbons: Multifunctional Properties and Industrial Applications provides detailed information on the latest techniques and state-of-the-art developments regarding elastomeric materials reinforced by nano-carbon. The book supports academic researchers and postgraduate students who are looking to further advance the research and study of high-performance, multifunctional materials. In addition, it enables those in industry to improve manufacture and end products by using these materials.
- Enables the reader to understand the latest advanced applications of high-performance elastomers reinforced by nano-carbons
- Unlocks the door to essential properties for harsh environments, such as thermal conductivity, oil resistance, permeability, de-icing, and cracking resistance
- Covers the processability of elastomers reinforced by nano-carbons, including extrusion, compression, molding methods and techniques
Academia: Researchers, scientists and postgraduate students working on elastomeric materials or rubber nanocomposites, as well as in the broader fields of Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Physics, and Chemical Engineering. Industry: Engineers, technologists and research scientists working with elastomers and high-performance elastomeric materials for product design and manufacture
Section 1. Materials
1. Classification of rubbers and components for harsh environmental systems
2. Classifications of nano-carbons and their peculiar characteristics for improving rubber properties in harsh environment
3. Functionalization methods of CNTs and GNPs for rubber systems
Section 2. Processing
4. Dispersion methods of CNTs and GNPs in elastomeric matrices, synergy and standard characterization methods
5. Compression moulding technology of rubber nanocomposites: the state of the art
6. Extrusion and injection moulding manufacturing processes of rubber nanocomposites: critical aspects and perspectives
Section 3. Properties
7. Mechanics of rubber nanocomposites
8. Thermal, electrical, and sensing properties of rubber nanocomposites
9. Testing of rubber nanocomposites for aerospace, automotive, and oil and gas applications
10. Analytical and numerical modelling of nanocomposites
Section 4. Smart Aspects
11. Electrically conductive rubbers
12. End of life
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 22nd August 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Luca Valentini is an Associate Professor of Materials Science and Technology at the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department of the University of Perugia, Italy. Prof. Valentini received his Master’s degree in Physics from the University of Perugia, and his PhD degree in Materials Science from the University of Napoli ‘‘Federico II’’ in 2001. He was Assistant Professor at the University of Perugia from 2006 to 2015. Prof. Valentini’s current research topics include functional properties of polymer nanocomposites, bionicomposites based on nano-carbons, electrical, mechanical and optical properties of thin films based on nano-carbons.
Associate Professor of Materials Science and Technology at the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department of the University of Perugia, Italy.
Miguel Angel Lopez-Manchado is a Research Professor at the Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología de Polímeros, ICTP-CSIC, Spain. He received his PhD degree in Chemical Sciences from the University Complutense of Madrid in 1997. Dr. Lopez-Manchado’s current research topics involve processing and characterization of composite materials and nanocomposites, and evaluation of structure-property relationships.
Research Professor at the Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología de Polímeros, ICTP-CSIC, Spain