• Liver function and failure
• Hepatic, biliary and pancreatic anatomy
• Laparoscopy in staging and assessment of hepatobiliary disease
• Benign liver lesions
• Primary malignant tumours of the liver
• Colorectal liver metastases
• Non-colorectal hepatic metastases
• Portal hypertension
• The spleen
• Benign biliary tract diseases
• Malignant lesions of the biliary tract
• Acute pancreatitis
• Chronic pancreatitis
• Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
• Non-adenocarcinoma of the pancreas
• Hepatobiliary and pancreatic trauma
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
"This book is a concise, useful and up to date source of information for speciality registrars and practising consultants in the field of hepato-pancreatico-biliary surgery."
Reviewed by: Qaiser Jalal and Ali Majeed, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Nov 2014
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2013
- 2nd August 2013
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"This is an updated edition on hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) surgery in a series of well-written and well-referenced books.
This book is a concise, useful and up to date source of information for speciality registrars and practising consultants in the field of hepato-pancreatico-biliary surgery. It might be particularly useful for junior trainees with little or no HPB exposure who wish to come up to speed quickly with the sub-speciality." Reviewed by: Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Date: Nov 2014
Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK.
Professor of Surgical Sciences, Clinical Surgery, The University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.