PART I: NEONATAL HEMODYNAMICS
Section A: Principles of Developmental Cardiovascular Physiology and Pathophysiology
1. Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology
2. Autoregulation of vital and non-vital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate
3. Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target
Section B: Diagnosis of Neonatal Shock: Methods and their Clinical Applications
4. Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate
5. Functional Echocardiography In The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
6. Assessment of Cardiac Output in Neonates: Techniques Using the Fick Principle, Pulse Wave Form Analysis, and Electrical Impedance
7. Near-Infrared Spectroscopy and its Use for the Assessment of Tissue Perfusion in the Neonate
8. Clinical Applications of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Neonates
9. Advanced Magnetic Resonance Neuroimaging Techniques in the Neonate with a Focus on Hemodynamic-Related Brain Injury
10. Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in the Study of Neonatal Hemodynamics
11. Assessment of the Microcirculation in the Neonate
Section C: Clinical Presentations and Relevance of Neonatal Shock
12. Clinical Presentations of Neonatal Shock: The Very Low Birth Weight Infant During The First Postnatal Day
13. The Very Low Birth Weight Neonate With a Hemodynamically Significant Ductus Arteriosus During The First Postnatal Week
14. The Preterm Neonate With Cardiovascular and Adrenal Insufficiency
15. Shock in the Surgical Neonate
16. Hemodynamics and Brain Injury in the Preterm Neonate
PART II: FETAL AND NEONATAL CARDIOLOGY
Section D: Embryonic and Fetal Development
17. The Genetics of Fetal and Neonatal Cardiovascular Disease
Hemodynamics and Cardiology, a volume in Dr. Polin’s Neonatology: Questions and Controversies Series, offers expert authority on the toughest cardiovascular challenges you face in your practice. This medical reference book will help you provide better evidence-based care and improve patient outcomes with research on the latest advances.
- Reconsider how you handle difficult practice issues with coverage that addresses these topics head on and offers opinions from the leading experts in the field, supported by evidence whenever possible.
- Find information quickly and easily with a consistent chapter organization.
- Get the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who have the inside track on new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 6-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 29th March 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics, Diagnostic Imaging, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nemours-Cardiac Center at the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women, Orlando, FL, USA
Professor of Pediatrics, Division Chief, USC Division of Neonatal Medicine, Keck School of Medicine/Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA