Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Neurologic complications of pediatric congenital heart disease
2. Neurologic complications of congenital heart disease in adults
3. Neurologic complications of rheumatic fever
4. Neurologic complications of nonrheumatic valvular heart disease
5. Advances and ongoing controversies in PFO closure and cryptogenic stroke
6. Neurological complications of coronary heart disease and their management
7. Neurologic complications of heart surgery
8. Neurological complications of heart failure
9. Neurological complications of cardiomyopathies
10. Neurologic complications of myocarditis
11. Neurologic complications of infective endocarditis
12. Neurologic complications of nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis
13. Neurologic complications of atrial fibrillation: Pharmacologic and interventional approaches to stroke prevention
14. Tachyarrhythmias and neurologic complications
15. Neurologic complications of brady-arrhythmias
16. Effects of acute neurologic disease on the heart
17. Neurologic complications of genetic channelopathies
18. Neurological complications of syncope and sudden cardiac arrest
19. Neurologic complications of cardiac arrest
20. Neurologic complications of implantable devices
21. Neurologic complications of diseases of the aorta
22. Cerebral aneurysms and cervical artery dissection: Neurological complications and genetic associations
23. Neurological complications of systemic hypertension
24. Neurologic complications of venous thromboembolism
25. Neurologic complications of cardiac disease in athletes
26. Cerebrovascular manifestations of tumors of the heart
27. Stroke in pregnancy
28. Hemodynamics in acute stroke: Cerebral and cardiac complications
29. Neurological complications of cardiovascular drugs
30. The role of biomarkers and neuroimaging in ischemic/hemorrhagic risk assessment for cardiovascular/cerebrovascular disease prevention
31. Clinical utility of echocardiography in secondary ischemic stroke prevention
32. The relationship between heart disease and cognitive impairment
33. Anxiety and psychological management of heart disease and heart surgery
The Handbook of Clinical Neurology series volumes provide comprehensive summaries of recent research on the brain and nervous system as they relate to clinical neurology. Cardiac disorders and diseases may often co-occur with, or cause, subsequent neurological disorders. Heart and Neurologic Disease identifies the top cardiac diseases and disorders most likely to have neurological disorders, how they will present, and how they are best treated. It identifies the mechanisms of action explaining why the conditions co-occur, and what clinicians should look for symptom wise, and how risk may be assessed. Coverage includes genetic cardiac disorders, cardiac trauma, surgery, infection, disease, and arrhythmia.
- Identifies the top cardiac diseases and disorders most likely to have neurological complications
- Specifies how the neurological complication will present and advance and how it should be treated
- Discusses the mechanism of action—why the two conditions co-occur
- Includes genetic conditions, trauma, surgery, infection, disease, arrythmias, and more
- Covers prevention and risk assessment
Clinical neurologists, researchers in neurology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 23rd February 2021
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
José Biller, M.D., FACP, FAAN, FANA, FAHA
Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL, USA
Dr. José Biller is Professor of Neurology and Neurological Surgery and Chairperson of the Department of Neurology at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Dr. Biller served as Director of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) from 1994 to 2001, and President of the ABPN in 2001. He is Chief Editor of the Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases , and an editorial board member and reviewer for an array of other national and international journals and publications. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology, American Neurological Association, American College of Physicians, and the Stroke Council of the American Heart Association. He has published more than 370 peer-reviewed articles, more than 150 book chapters, and numerous books.
Neurology, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.