· Provides thorough information on the peripheral nervous system and auditory organs as well as the central nervous system
· As valuable for students of and reasearchers in basic sciences (biology, psychology, neuroscience, audiology etc) as for clinicians
· Offers an introduction into psychoacoustics and physical acoustics
· Presents information on important disorders of the auditory system (including Tinnitus,
· Includes chapter on cochlear and auditory brainstem implants
· Fully illustrated with carefully selected images
Table of Contents
- SECTION I: THE EAR.
Chapter 1: Anatomy of the ear.
Chapter 2: Sound conduction to the cochlea.
Chapter 3: Physiology of the cochlea.
Chapter 4: Sound evoked electrical potentials in the cochlea.
SECTION II: THE AUDITORY NERVOUS SYSTEM.
Chapter 5: Anatomy of the auditory nervous system.
Chapter 6: Physiology of the auditory nervous system.
Chapter 7: Evoked potentials.
Chapter 8: The acoustic middle ear reflex.
SECTION III: DISORDERS OF THE AUDITORY SYSTEM.
Chapter 9: Hearing impairment.
Chapter 10: Hyperactive disorders of the auditory system.
Chapter 11: Cochlear and brainstem implants.
APPENDIX A: Definitions in anatomy.
APPENDIX B: Hearing conservation programs.
- No. of pages: 328
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2006
- Published: August 28, 2006
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080463841
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Hearing"