Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Health Care Paradigms in the Internet of Things Ecosystem brings all IoT-enabled health care related technologies into a single platform so that undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers, academicians and industry leaders can easily understand IoT-based healthcare systems. The book uses data and network engineering and intelligent decision support system-by-design principles to design a reliable IoT-enabled health care ecosystem and to implement cyber-physical pervasive infrastructure solutions. It takes the reader on a journey that begins with understanding the healthcare monitoring paradigm in IoT-enabled technologies and how it can be applied in various aspects.
In addition, the book walks readers through real-time challenges and presents a guide on how to build a safe infrastructure for IoT-based health care. It also helps researchers and practitioners understand the e-health care architecture through IoT and the state-of-the-art in IoT countermeasures.
Readers will find this to be a comprehensive discussion on functional frameworks for IoT-based healthcare systems, intelligent medicine, RFID technology, HMI, Cognitive Interpretation, Brain-Computer Interface, Remote Health Monitoring systems, wearable sensors, WBAN, and security and privacy issues in IoT-based health care monitoring systems.
- Presents the complete functional framework workflow in IoT-enabled healthcare technologies
- Explains concepts of location-aware protocols and decisive mobility in IoT healthcare
- Provides complete coverage of intelligent data processing and wearable sensor technologies in IoT-enabled healthcare
- Explores the Human Machine Interface and its implications in patient-care systems in IoT healthcare
- Explores security and privacy issues and challenges related to data-intensive technologies in healthcare-based Internet of Things
Computer/data scientists, biomedical engineers, researchers and software engineers in the areas of data analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning
1. The Fundamentals of Internet of Things: Architectures, Enabling Technologies and Applications
2. IoT for Healthcare Industries: A Tale of Revolution
3. Big Data based Hybrid Machine Learning Model for Improving Performance of Medical Internet of Things Data in Health Care Systems
4. The Role of Internet of Things for Adaptive Traffic Prioritization in Wireless Body Area Networks
5. Spatio Temporal Pattern and Hotspot Detection of Malaria using Spatial Analysis and GIS in West Bengal: An Approach to Medical GIS
6. Integration of Cloud and IoT for Smart e-Healthcare
7. IoT Based Location Aware Smart Healthcare Framework with User Mobility Support in Normal and Emergency Scenarios: A Comprehensive Survey
8. Remote Health Monitoring Protocols for IoT-enabled Healthcare Infrastructure
9. Wearable Sensor Network for Patient Health Monitoring: Challenges, Applications, Future Directions, and Acoustic sensor challenges
10. RFID Technology in IoT based healthcare
11. Principles and Paradigms in IoT-based Healthcare using RFID
12. Low cost system in the analysis of the recovery of mobility through inertial navigation techniques and virtual reality
13. Control and remote monitoring of muscle activity and stimulation in the rehabilitation process for muscle recovery
14. Healthcare Technology Tradeoffs for IoT Ecosystems from a Developing Country Perspective: Case of Egypt
15. Study of Asian Diabetic Subjects Based on Gender, Age and Insulin Parameters: Healthcare Application with IoT and Bigdata
16. Design and Development of IoT-based Decision Support System for Dengue Analysis and Prediction: Case Study on Sri Lankan Context
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 7th November 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Valentina E. Balas is Professor in the Department of Automatics and Applied Software at the Faculty of Engineering, “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, Romania. She holds a Ph.D. Cum Laude, in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is author of more than 350 research papers. Her research interests are in Intelligent Systems, Fuzzy Control, Soft Computing, Smart Sensors, Information Fusion, Modeling and Simulation. She is the Editor-in Chief to IJAIP and IJCSysE journals in Inderscience, member in Editorial Board of several national and international journals and evaluator expert for national, international projects and PhD Thesis. Dr. Balas is the director of Intelligent Systems Research Centre and Director of the Department of International Relations, Programs and Projects in Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad. She is recipient of the "Tudor Tanasescu" Prize from the Romanian Academy for contributions in the field of soft computing methods (2019).
Full Professor, Department of Automatics and Applied Software, Faculty of Engineering, "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad, Arad, Romania
Souvik Pal, Ph.D, is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Global Institute of Management and Technology, West Bengal, India. Prior to that, he had been associated with Brainware University, Kolkata, JIS College of Engineering, Nadia, Elitte College of Engineering, Kolkata, Nalanda Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar. Dr. Pal has received his B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph.D Degrees in the field of Computer Science and Engineering. He has more than a decade of Academic experience. He is author / Co-editor of 12 Books from reputed publishers like Elsevier/Springer/CRC Press/Wiley and he is owner of 03 patents. He is the series editor of Scrivener-Wiley Publishing, USA. Dr. Pal has published a number of research papers in Scopus / SCI-indexed International journals and conferences. He is the organizing Chair of RICE 2019, Vietnam; RICE 2020 Vietnam; ICICIT 2019, Tunisia. He has been invited as a Keynote Speaker in ICICCT 2019, Turkey; ICTIDS 2019, Malaysia. His professional activities include roles as Associate Editor/ Editorial Board Member for more than 100+ International Journals/Conferences of high repute and impact. His research area includes Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, Wireless Sensor Network, and Data Analytics.
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Global Institute of Management and Technology, West Bengal, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.