With the advent of health care reform and an emphasis on reducing health care costs, health promotion and disease prevention is a priority in nursing care. Be prepared with Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 8th Edition, your comprehensive guide to major health promotion concepts. Featuring practical guidance – including boxes on diversity awareness, evidence-based practice, innovative practice, hot topics, and quality and safety as well as case studies and care plans – our experienced authors give you all the tools you need to stay current on the latest research and trends in health promotion.
- Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development.
- Separate chapters on each population – group, individual, family, and community – stress the unique issues faced when providing care to each group.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes emphasize current research efforts and opportunities in health promotion.
- Hot Topics and Innovative Practice boxes engage students’ interest by introducing significant issues, trends, and creative programs and projects in health promotion practice.
- Diversity Awareness boxes address various cultural perspectives and provide important information that needs to be considered in planning care.
- Case studies and care plans present realistic situations that challenge students to reflect upon important health promotion concepts.
- Think About It boxes dig deeper into the chapter topic and encourage critical thinking.
- Numerous pedagogical features such as objectives, key terms, and textual summaries highlight the most important concepts and terms in each chapter.
Module 1: Foundations for Health Promotion
- Health Defined: Objectives for Promotion and Prevention
- Emerging Populations and Health
- Health Policy and the Delivery System
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical Issues Relevant to Health Promotion
- Health Promotion and the Individual
- Health Promotion and the Family
- Health Promotion and the Community
- Health Education
- Nutrition Counseling for Health Promotion
- Stress Management
- Holistic Health Strategies
- Overview of Growth and Development Framework
- The Prenatal Period
- Preschool Child
- School-Age Child
- Young Adult
- Middle-Age Adult
- Older Adult
- Health Promotion for the Twenty-First Century: Throughout the Life Span and Throughout the World
Module 2: Assessment for Health Promotion
Module 3: Interventions for Health Promotion
Module 4: Application of Health Promotion
Module 5: Challenges in the Twenty-First Century
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 27th September 2013
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Director of Geriatric Care Management, Waveny Care Center, New Canaan, CT; Associate Faculty Member, Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT; Fellow, Brookdale Center on Aging; Hunter College, New York, NY
Professor of Nursing, Curry College, Milton, Massachusetts
Associate Professor, Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA; Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Scientist, Mind-Body Medical Institute, Boston, MA; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA; Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA