- Did You Know? boxes highlight interesting facts to enhance learning.
- Self-assessment quizzes test your learning and retention, with answers available on the companion Evolve website.
- Learning features include a chapter outline, key words, common abbreviations, and learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, and references at the end.
- Diverse examples of healthcare deliveries, like long-term care, public health, home health care, and ambulatory care, prepare you to work in a variety of settings.
- Interactive student exercises on Evolve, including a study guide and flash cards that can be used on smart phones.
- Coverage of health information infrastructure and systems provides the foundational knowledge needed to effectively manage healthcare information.
- Applied approach to Health Information Management and Health Informatics gives you problem-solving opportunities to develop proficiency.
Section 1: Foundations of Health Information Management
1. Health Care Systems
2. The Health Informatics and Information Management Profession
Section 2: Health Care Data and Information Systems
3. Health Information Infrastructure and Systems
4. Health Data Concepts
5. NEW! Data Access and Retention
6. Electronic Health Record Systems
Section 3: Health Care Informatics
7. Classification Systems, Clinical Vocabularies, and Terminology
8. Technology, Applications, and Security
9. Information Systems Life Cycle and Project Management
Section 4: Data Management and Use
10. Statistics and Data Presentation
11. Research and Epidemiology
12. Performance Management and Patient Safety
13. Data Reporting, Interpretation, and Use
14. Public Health Informatics
15. Privacy and Health Law
Section 5: Management
16. Human Resource Management
17. Operational Management
18. Revenue Cycle and Financial Management