- Presents a multidisciplinary approach
- Describes and illusrates current tools and techniques
- Includes materials encouraging both fire safety and mental health intervention
- Contributors are nationally known experts in their field
- Covers a full range of topics - content has both depth and breadth
1. Juvenile justice and court/legal professionals--police, lawyers, judges, court administrators, probation officers--tie in with criminology program.
2. Fire Service--fire chiefs, firefighters, fire educators, arson investigators
3. Schools--Counselors, administrators, school psychologists
4. Industry & Policy makers--insurance fire professionals, program developers, legislators, administrators of fire safety programs
5. Hospital & Residential Programs--burn programs, hospitals, residential treatment centers, treatment programs for disturbed youth.
Table of Contents
V.A. Hardesty and W.F. Gayton, The Problem of Children and Fire: An Historical Perspective.
I. Pinsonneault, Developmental Perspectives on Children and Fire.
D.J. Kolko, Research Studies on the Problem.
J.S. Okulitch and I. Pinsonneault, The Interdisciplinary Approach to Juvenile Firesetting: A Dialogue.
R.A. Corry, Fundamentals of Fire Investigation.
P. Zipper, Talking the Talk: Tips and Techniques for Interviewing Juveniles.
J. DiMillo, Screening and Triage Tools.
D.K. Wilcox and D.J. Kolko, Assessing Recent Firesetting Behavior and Taking a Firesetting History.
D.J. Kolko, L. Nishi-Strattner, D.K. Wilcox, and T. Kopet, Clinical Assessment of Juvenile Firesetters and Their Families: Tools and Tips.
I.L. Pinsonneault, Fire Safety Education and Skills Training.
I.L. Pinsonneault, J.P. Richardson, Jr., and J. Pinsonneault, Three Models of Educational Interventions for Child and Adolescent Firesetters.
J. Doherty, Parent and Community Fire Education: Integrating Awareness in Public Education Programs.
D.J. Kolko, Child, Parent, and Family Treatment: Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions.
G. DeSalvatore, Residential Treatment of Latency-Aged Youth with Firesetting Behavior.
J.P. Richardson, Jr., Secure Residential Treatment for Adolescent Firesetters.
E.J. Elliott, Juvenile Justice Diversion and Intervention.
D.J. Kolko, I. Pinsonneault, and J.S. Okulitch, Further Considerations and Future Directions.
- No. of pages: 420
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2002
- Published: June 26, 2002
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080532783
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook on Firesetting in Children and Youth"