Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Waterborne Coatings comprehensively reviews recent developments in the field of waterborne coatings. Crucial aspects associated with coating research are presented, with close attention paid to the essential aspects that are necessary to understand the properties of novel materials and their use in coating materials. The work introduces the reader to progress in the field, also outlining applications, methods and techniques of synthesis and characterization that are demonstrated throughout. In addition, insights into ongoing research, current trends and challenges are previewed. Topics chosen ensure that new scholars or advanced learners will find the book an essential resource.
- Serves as a reference guide to recent developments in waterborne coatings for industrialists, scientists and engineers involved in the field of coatings
- Presents coverage of the unique application methods for waterborne coatings and when those methods should be used
- Provides foundational information on waterborne coatings and discusses current market trends that impact the field
Researchers and manufacturers of waterborne coatings and chemicals; automotive industry traders and suppliers; academics
1. Water-based Sol-Gel Coatings for Military Coating Applications
2. Water-dispersible Conductive Polymers for Applications as Smart Coating
3. Photocatalytic waterborne coatings
4. Research Progress of waterborne anti-corrosion coatings based on conducting polymers
5. Electrodeposition of waterborne coatings on the polymer component
6. Additive technologies in water borne coatings
7. Nanostructured waterborne acrylic coatings: Thermo-mechanical properties enhancement by molecular jamming and confinement
8. Low VOC coalescent formulations in waterborne coatings
9. Dispersion and dispersion Stability of Graphene in Aqueous media for waterborne coating application
10. Waterborne polyurethanes from castor oil-recycled polyols
11. Waterborne resins for long open time applications
12. Biodeterioration of waterborne coatings
13. Waterborne cathodic electrocoatings for automotive applications
14. Waterborne coatings from biobased monomers
15. Waterborne superhydrophobic coatings for the conservation of the cultural heritage: a case study for the protection of mortar, ceramic and wood
16. Waterborne polyurethanes and their nanoparticle containing dispersions/coating
17. Waterborne Coatings with Natural Preservative as Bio-Protective for Wood and Cellulose Products
18. Corrosion protection by waterborne acrylics DTM (direct to metal) paint system doped or not with encapsulated corrosion inhibitors
19. Waterborne polyurethane vegetable oil-based coatings
20. Commercial Waterborne Coatings
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Tiwari specializes in the development of novel materials, such as coatings for corrosion protection, bio-inspired biocompatible materials, hybrid materials for fiber reinforced composites, graphene films and coatings. He has invented seven international patent-pending technologies that have been transferred to industries, including a unique non-carcinogenic corrosion protection coating SiloXelTM that is targeting the $300 million non-chromate conversion coating market. He has been actively engaged in various fields of polymer science, engineering, and technology and has published several scientific peer reviewed journal papers, book chapters and books related to material science. He is an active reviewer of several leading international journals and acts as associate editor of the journal Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA
Professor Soucek in the Department of Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron specializes in the development of new coatings. He has been awarded with the prestigious Roy W. Tess Award in Coatings by the American Chemical Society’s Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering. During Soucek’s career in the field of polymer coatings, he has made significant scientific contributions to the field, pioneered innovations and trained students in cutting-edge coatings technology. In 2004 and 2005, Soucek received honorable mention for the Gordon Award for his core-shell latex work and UV-curing of unsaturated polyesters. Also in 2004, he was awarded the Innovation Award by Radtech (the European association for UV/EB technology) for his work in UV-curable coatings. Soucek received The Society for Protective Coatings Editor’s Award for his work “Self-Stratifying Corrosion Resistant Coatings,” and has published more than 150 peer-reviewed technical papers on coating science, 15 book chapters and two books.
Professor, Department of Polymer Engineering, The University of Akron, Akron, USA
Peter Zarras received his BS in Chemistry from Adelphi University in 1984. Upon graduation from Adelphi he worked in an environmental laboratory (NyTest Labs) first as a technician and then as a manager of the metals department. Additional industrial experience was obtained as a QC/QA Manager for a start-up pharmaceutical firm (Hi-Tech Pharmaceutical) on Long Island. He completed his MS (Chemistry) in 1989 and Ph.D (Polymer Chemistry) in 1996 from Polytechnic University under the direction of Dr. Otto Vogl. After completing his Ph.D, he received an ASEE post-doctoral fellowship at the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, China Lake, California under the direction of Dr. John D. Stenger-Smith. Where he has served as a research chemist since October 1996. His research interests include the synthesis of conductive polymers for corrosion prevention, smart coatings, batteries and supercapacitors, non-linear optical polymers (NLOPs), polyimides for advanced devices, and electro-active polymers for light emitting diodes. He has authored and/or co-authored over 100 publications, 10 patents and has organized several symposia at national and regional ACS Meetings. He is a member of the ACS POLY, PMSE and ORG Divisions, AAAS, and MRS.
Fellow, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, China Lake, California, USA