Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Energetics that control the stability and dynamics of secondary and tertiary structure of nucleic acids (H.H. Klump).
- Theory and practice of DSC measurements on proteins (J. Rösgen, H.-J. Hinz).
- Lipid model membranes and biomembranes (A. Blume, P. Garidel).
- Combustion calorimetry (I. Lamprecht).
- The thermodynamics of microbial growth (E.H. Battley).
- Quantitative calorimetry and biochemical engineering (P. Duboc, I. Marison, U. von Stockar).
- Calorimetry of microbial processes (B. Larsson, L. Gustafsson).
- Calorimetry of small animals (I. Lamprecht, E. Schmolz).
- Calorimetric approaches to animal physiology and bioenergetics (S.C. Hand).
- Whole body calorimetry (U. Frenz).
- Microcalorimetric studies of animal tissues and their isolated cells (R.B. Kemp, Y.H. Guan).
- Calorimetric studies in medicine (M. Monti).
- Calorimeric methods for analysis of plant metabolism (R.S. Criddle, L.D. Hansen).
- Wood (H.G. Wiedemann, I. Lamprecht).
- Dynamic mechanical analysis of elastomers (C.M. Roland).
- Thermal analyses in foods and food processes (A. Schiraldi et al.).
- Thermal analysis and calorimetry of pharmaceuticals (J.L. Ford, R. Willson). Index.
The applications and interest in thermal analysis and calorimetry have grown enormously during the last half of the 20th century. These techniques have become indispensable in the study of processes such as catalysis, hazards evaluation etc., and in measuring important physical properties quickly, conveniently and with markedly improved accuracy. Consequently, thermal analysis and calorimetry have grown in stature and more scientists and engineers have become at least part-time, practitioners. People new to the field therefore need a source of information describing the basic principles and current state of the art. The last volume of this 4 volume handbook, devoted to many aspects of biological thermal analysis and calorimetry, completes a comprehensive review of this important area. All chapters have been prepared by recognized experts in their respective fields. The approach taken is "how and what to do and when to do it". The complete work is a valuable addition to the already existing literature.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 1999
- 13th December 1999
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Wales
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.