Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Series Editor
- 1. Introduction to Semifluorinated High-Performance Polymers
- 1.1. General Introduction to High-Performance Polymers
- 1.2. Uniqueness of Fluorine
- 1.3. Summary
- 2. Fluorinated Poly(Arylene Ether)s: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Synthesis, Characterization, and Properties of the Polymers
- 2.3. Fluorinated PAEs
- 2.4. Fluorinated PAEs for Membrane-Based Applications
- 2.5. Summary
- 3. Fluorinated Polyimides: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Synthesis, Characterization, and Properties of Polymers
- 3.3. Fluorinated Polyimides for Membrane-Based Applications
- 3.4. Summary
- 4. Fluorinated Polyamides: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Synthesis, Characterization, and Properties of the Polymers
- 4.3. Selected Polyamide Structure and Properties
- 4.4. Fluorinated Polyamides for Membrane-Based Applications
- 4.5. Summary
- 5. Fluorinated Polyazoles: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Synthesis, Characterization, and Properties of the Polybenzazoles
- 5.3. Fluorinated Heterocyclic Polymers for Membrane-Based Applications
- 5.4. Summary
- 6. Fluorosilicones and Other Fluoropolymers: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Fluorosilicone Polymers
- 6.3. Other Fluoropolymers
- 6.4. Applications of Fluorosilicones and Other Fluoropolymers
- 6.5. Summary
Fluoropolymers are used in applications demanding service at enhanced temperature while maintaining their structural integrity and have excellent combination of chemical, physical and mechanical properties. Advancements in materials and processing technology mean that a huge amount of research is currently taking place into new, high performance applications for specialty fluorinated polymers.
This book is a complete review of the current research in synthesizing new fluorinated high performance polymers and their application in the field of low dielectric constant materials, membrane based separation (gas and liquid) and proton exchange membranes. Special emphasis is given to the preparation of soluble high performance polymers by incorporating fluorine and different structural elements so as to use these classes of polymers in different membrane based applications, including low dielectric constant materials, gas separation, pervaporation, proton exchange membranes in fuel cells, and more.
The coverage of processing properties and commercial aspects - as well as a practical assessment of the advantages and disadvantages of specialty fluoropolymers compared to other materials - enables engineers and product designers to apply the latest scientific developments in this area in a practical setting.
- Thorough coverage of modern applications for specialty fluorinated polymers, including membranes and coatings – giving insight into recent research and the future direction of this technology
- Brings researchers and engineers up to date with the latest developments in specialty fluoropolymers, to assist in future materials research and part design
- Includes detailed assessment of the advantages and shortcomings of specialty fluorinated polymers, for ease of comparison with alternative materials
Materials development researchers, academics and practitioners, material engineers/scientists, plastic part designers, process designers and fabricators and large polymer manufacturers
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2015
- 6th May 2015
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Materials Science at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.